SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Thanatos, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanatos

Thanatos Registered Member

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a problem that I hope you can help me solve. I run a Dell with Win98SE & use IE5.5. I am a power user who learned DOS before they had any Windows programs. I wanted to up my security on the internet. I had my computer crashed twice over the Christmas holidays. I already run a modified Host file, DNSKong, eDexter & Free Popup Killer. I ran a search for spyware on the internet & got sent to your site. I downloaded & installed: SpywareGuard version 2.2.0. It needed an ocx file that wasn’t on my computer. I downloaded & installed that. I haven’t had much of a chance yet to try out the guard, but every time I shutdown or restart my computer I get the following error warning on the screen. It is the gray & blue box with the red & white X & the options: Close, Details>>. Here is a description of the whole box along with the details:

Display
       The program has preformed an illegal operation
       and will be shut down.
       If problem persists, contact the program
       vendor.

Details:
       DISPLAY caused an invalid page fault in
       module <unknown> at 0000:653503df.

Registers:
       EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=653503df EFLGS=00010202
       EBX=0063fb12 SS=016f ESP=0063fac4 EBP=0063fae0
       ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=00008b36 FS=37ef
       EDX=00008b52 ES=016f EDI=0063fac8 GS=3787
       Bytes at CS:EIP

If you can tell me how to fix the problem, I would appreciate it. The only way I can fix it is to uninstall SpywareGuard. Thank you.

Wayne McBroom
    o_O

2. inharry

inharry Guest

Same problem here.
    TIA.
    inharry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.