SpywareGuard Won't Open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ymfoster, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ymfoster

ymfoster Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to this Forum,
    I am using XP Home edition (sp1 update),
    I have been unable to open SG since installing it,
    tried to Uninstall & got message SG currently running, but can't get into the Toolbar to stop it running.
    I managed to put it in another folder somehow & downloaded it again as the full download instead of the shortened one, but on trying to install it, it said there was one running, so I seem to be at a stalemate.
    I sent HJT log to Karl's Forum & there are no problems there, but they did say to go to your Forum & also that:
    [The one thing that comes to mind is that SG needs to be installed and run from an admin account not a limited account in XP]

I'm not sure what the difference in these accounts could be (or even which I'm using)
    Hope you can suggest something, I see others have had the same problem in the past, but couldn't see a solution,
    Best Regards, Yvonne

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i downloaded it and it wont let me run liveupdate. it gives me an error while downloading. so i removed it. what you have to do is let add and remove get rid of what it can. it wont remove all of it. then go into the prg's folder and find the spywareguard folder, it will still be there. open it. rename the , i beleive it was 3 files left. to whatever you want. then right click on each at a time and tell it to delete. do that for each file remaining in the folder. then once theyre gone back out and delete the folder and there you go. it worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.