SpywareGuard using up ALL resources

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bal, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bal

Bal Registered Member

I've had SpywareGuard for a couple of weeks now and it was all OK. In the past couple of days the computer has considerably slowed down. Looking at Task Manager "processes" it is sgbhp.exe showing using 98% of resources even with no applications open. Is there anything I can do about it?
    TIA

2. rjam

rjam Registered Member

My pc has slowed down some too, since installing Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster. But I'm not set up to measure precisely how much. My system resource meter gives me a rough estimate. But it doesn't suggest as much loss in speed as yours. I'm guessing less than 15-20 % usage by JavaCool products. My pc processing speed only gets really bad when I do something that is prcessor intense like Adobe Photoshop's text blending.

I think my slowdown is due mostly to other causes, resulting from system dysfunction after a rash of hijacks (solved somewhat by spywareblaster/guard), full page website popups, unauthorized downloading of files onto my desktop and HD, registry changes, and changes to msie search features.

I spend a lot of time scanning with norton antivirus, spybot, lavasoft's adaware and hijackthis, plus manually repairing registry items per norton's instructions when nav can't do it automatically. employ cwshredder sometimes too.

Some of these items, like inquire.com, elitebar.B, admed_**, coolwebsearch, IGetNet ieautosearch=69.20.16.183, common hijacker, auto.search.msn.com=69.20.16.183, & common hijacker search.netscape.com=69.20.16.183; mostly seem to blow right past spywareguard and spywareblaster, even tho I've tracked down their memory address locations/clsid's and entered into spywareblaster's custom blocking sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.