Spywareguard updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by floyd11, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd11

floyd11 Registered Member

I use spywareguard or sometime now. I have ver 2.2. The question I have is I click on live update daily to check for updates and there are never any available. Am I wrong in thinking this program is updated regularly like spyware blaster and virus scanners etc, where new updates are always being made available.
    Maybe I am expecting the wrong thing. Is the live update just for new versions? If so I'm sure it is working correctly.
    If anybody can help I'd appreciate it.
    Floyd

2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I am sure that your SpywareGuard is working properly. The last update was in January, 2004. The proper version number is 2.2.

Since SpywareGuard is basically a hurestic app -it rarely needs updating.

3. floyd11

floyd11 Registered Member

Thanks a bunch.
    Floyd

4. fecklessleader

fecklessleader Registered Member

:doubt: :doubt: Thanks from me, too. Somebody has been monkeying around with my computer & I think I've been hacked twice. I could not get a "live update" so wondered if this Spywareguard was working. Where do I go to find out about how hackers get in? I'm (obviously) a newbie. Help, help, help.

http://[GLOW="I'm (obviousy) a newbie."]http://mypictures[/GLOW]

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

6. colranger

colranger Registered Member

I have been using SpywaresGard for many years and love it. But for the past many months when you click live up date there are NONE. My past experience has been that there were updates almost EVERY week. Any thoughts. thanks everyone. I am new to this forum and look forward to reading and helping when I can.

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello and welcome.

Many months being years? The last update was 1/22/04. ;)

snowbound

8. WSFuser9

WSFuser9 Registered Member

In my experience herestics are nice but come into the "better than nothing" category.

The 22Jan2004 last update means that JavaCool have simply not done any homework on devising new spyware recognition or fixes since that date. Which means the program is ineffective on most of the thousands (probably tens of thousands) of spyware threats released since then.

One notes that the latest definitions for SpywareBlaster are 31Jul2006.

Why do you think it is that any security program has to be regularly updated with anti-threat definitions to be effective? (the cynic would say, So the creators can have a source of revenue). But one notes that free programs like AVGfree (or other free AV programs like Avast), Windows defender, SpyBot and Ad-Aware (personal) all have regular updates. They become more and more ineffective the longer they are not updated.

Food for thought

wu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.