SpywareGuard & SpywareBlaster questions / issues

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mucka, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mucka

mucka Registered Member

Apr 20, 2005
    I am using SpywareGuard 2.2.0, SpywareBlaster, Spybot- Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware se Personal, ZoneAlarm 5.5.062 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.227 and my modem / router has a NAT firewall included. I never disable them, I run them constantly, I update them every day, and I do scans every day. The Kaspersky auto updates every six hours. Yet when I run scans with the Ad-Aware and the Spybot I consistently detect and fix / repair / remove “problems”…some of which are, but not limited to, AvenueA, Inc, DoubleClick, Advertising.com, FastClick, and WebTrendsLive.

What is going on ?

Also the Definitions Information for the SpywareGuard indicates the definitions date to be 1/22/04 and there are no reports in the Activity Log.

Why does it show no activity ?

In SpywareBlaster under the settings tab for Internet Explorer protection, I am unable to configure it to “Prevent spyware/tracking cookies. (requires IE 6 or later)”. The check off box is grayed out. I have IE 6.0.2600.0 (IE6 SP1...upgraded from IE 5.50).

How do I enable that feature ?

Thanks for the help.
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Apr 15, 2002
    I have responded to the thread you started earlier on this same subject matter....and we can continue the discussion in that one Please.

This one---> SpywareGuard & SpywareBlaster questions / issues

We'll close this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.