Spywareguard Run Time error 5

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by frankjbrown02, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankjbrown02

frankjbrown02 Registered Member

Since installing a new dialup connection for a different isp while on vacation, SPYWAREGUARD keeps giving a dialog box titled "SG Broserr Hijacking Protection" with "Run Time Error 5" "Invalid proceedure call or argument" . I have had to disable Browser Hyjack protection. Any help to fix this appreciated. Thanks

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey frankjbrown02

Interesting your post hasn’t been replied too…
    If you still haven’t figured it out yet, try monitoring this thread http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12733 … ;)

3. frankjbrown02

frankjbrown02 Registered Member

I have followed the thread, and uninstalled/reinstalled, both normally and in safe mode. I have also installed the VB service pack. All to no avail. Bearing in mind that I had spywareguard working fine for a couple weeks, and did not experience problems until my new ISP setup attempted to change my home page, it would seem that the dlls had been initially installed correctly. Any more ideas? :doubt:

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey frankjbrown02

Download Perfect Companion (Registry Cleaner), it’s not the Registry Cleaning I’m interested in you trying it’s the Registering of DLL and OCX Files, any errors on registering DLL and OCX files write them down and post me them all…

www.easydesksoftware.com/perfect.htm

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

(Sorry for the late reply.)

I have been trying to reproduce this problem, but have not been successful so far. :doubt:

The only other thing I can think of is this: could you try browsing to your SpywareGuard folder and looking to see if a sglog.txt or sglog file is there? If so, could you post its contents in this forum? If not, could you try creating a blank text file named sglog.txt? Thanks in advance!

(Please note, I'm still currently away, so my replies will not be as quick as normal.)

Also, in your SpywareGuard folder, could you please locate a file named "config.ini", and send it to me at press@wilderssecurity.net ? The problem may also lie in there, and I can take a look and determine if that is the issue - thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: Exactly when does this error appear? As soon as you boot up your computer? As soon as you log on? And if you can think of anything else that might help me reproduce the error, or at least determine where it lies, I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. Hi,
    When i install SpywareGuard 2.1 i got this problem: Run-time error '5': invalid procedure call or argument. can someone please help me.
    e-mail: <removed for your own benefit>
    Best regards,
    Henrik Larsen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.