SpywareGuard Problems ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by babette03, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babette03

babette03 Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard?

Regardless !!!(all due respect), I can't get rid of SpyWare Guard!!!! Any suggestions?

elj

(Also, Aurora is kickin' me PC's behind--left, right, up and down....So many "so-called" solutions...so much angst on my end...HELP?!?)

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Can u elaborate a little?

What's happening exactly when, as u say "I can't get rid of SpyWare Guard"?

snowbound

3. babette03

Ok, whenever i fire up my pc, spyware guard "pops-up" and will not allow me any function--until I go to Taskmanager and "end task" at least 4-5 times...Yet, it does not show up in "applications" nor in installed programs...I have deleted all files assoc'd with spywareguard...yet...it still prevails...
    I've done sum checking, and--indeed--it is a known problem (checked out majorgeeks, etc.), but no solution that I can see for the average user. HELP? thx

aurora - still a major problem - more than swg.
    thx

4. babette03

ok...so it look s like this is a bullsh*t forum...I just checked out msgs. about spyware guard problems (w/replies from snowbound) from WAY back in 2004! and ur asking me to elaborateo_O SNOWBOUND? you coulda referred me, first of all, to the other posts relating to this issue...couldcha have? ok, then...

obviously, this is a useless forum for actually resolving issues.

Why should the AVERAGE user have to go THRU HOOPS!!! to have a healthy PC? and delete programs that are unwanted? or cause problems? It took no time to download this crap....WHY SHOULD IT TAKE ME HUNDREDS OF HOURS TO ELIMINATE ITo_O

WHAT A SCAM...

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

babette03,

Snowbound simply asked you to explain the specific problem you were having as different PCs can have different problems with the same software. Very often we get messages like "This doesn't work, what should I do?" Obviously, we need more information to provide any kind of an answer to that.

Your post simply said, "I can't get rid of SpyWare Guard!!!!" Well, we generally ask people to further explain statements that brief so we can provide the correct advice, as perhaps your situation was different from other people. If you had clearly stated that you were having problems uninstalling SpywareGuard, and posted some specific errors or messages you were seeing, then you would have gotten an answer.

6. babette03

cool...my frustration level is way above the water-mark...mea culpa

7. LowWaterMark

So where exactly do things stand right now on your PC? Is SpywareGuard removed or still running? If it is running, what do you see from it? Is it's icon (the red, bolded: SG) still in the systray next to the clock? If you tell us what state it is in, we should be able to advise you about cleaning it up further.

8. babette03

SG is not running...no icon in systray or anywhere else...search" comes up with nothing...Task Mgr. shows no SG running @ anytime...

I just tried to run adaware/vx2 cleaner....I have a word file w/the screen results...bottom line...couldn't run 'cause SG didn't allow...(pop up). how can I insert file? for your perusal? i saved it in word. it's 4 pages of screen saves.

9. LowWaterMark

Well, that's odd... ie. SG not running and yet alerting.

As for the screen images, it sounds like that might be too big to post here even if it was just regular (non Word) images. How about you email me that file. My email address is on the lower left of this page:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/member.php?u=1169

10. babette03

what's more odd--to me--is that this seems to be the running theme in this whole forum....problems with spyguard, problems with un-installing spywareguard, etc., etc....

Why are people acting like this is the first they've heard of this particular problem?

hmmmmmo_O? curious o_O

11. LowWaterMark

Well, as I said we needed clarification that that was what you wanted to know, and by the time we got that clarification, you said you had already manually deleted all the files related to SpywareGuard, so now we need to figure out how to fix that. Once all the files are deleted, cleaning the rest of it off is not as easy now.

Okay, looking at the image you sent me, attach below, I think that means that the hook in the execution path is what is left behind. You can remove that by downloading this small file, (it's a reg file to simply remove the SG hook), execute it, reboot your PC, and then SG should not be active.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachments/sg22-remove-hook.reg

After that reboot, you should look again in the Program Files area where SpywareGuard was installed and make sure no files at all are left there.

Attached Files:

12. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :)

In my humble opinion, I think we need them both. SpywareBlaster "immunize" the pc from spywares and SpywareGuard acts as a real-time scanning monitor to prevent spywares to infects the pc. Both uses minimal system resources, and the company who make this programs are dedicated to help surfers from unwanted spywares to installs in our pc. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.