SpywareGuard Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Under0ath, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

I recently installed SpywareGuard onto my computer, and within a few minutes of the installation, an error popped up saying:

Run-Time Error- '2147221231 (8004011)':
    Automation Error
    ClassFactory cannot supply requested class.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I have seen this problem posted a few times but i don't think a solution has been found yet.

Sorry i couldn't have been of any help.....

snowbound

3. Under0ath

In the mean time.. uninstall it and then whenever a solution is found reinstall?

4. snowbound

IMHO i'd give it a little time and see if Javacool has any new information on this. ;)

snowbound

5. Under0ath

I went into the Control Pannel and removed SpyWare Guard. However, a message appeared saying some files were not able to be removed, and can be manually deleted.

I navigated to the Spyware Guard file (C: ProgramFiles/SpyWareGuard)
    and it will not allow me to delete three files, saying they are in use:

dlprotect.dll
    spywareguard.dll
    sgbhp

How can i remove these? I have already checked the Task Manager to see if any form of the SpyWare Guard is running, and it is not.

6. snowbound

So, just to clarify, these 2 processes,

sgbhp.exe

SGMAIN.EXE

are not running in Task Manager?

snowbound

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Due to SpywareGuards(SG's) powerful protection in hooking into the shell of Explorer....you have to properly disable SpywareGuard before un-installing....which is why the below message is presented when a user attempts to exit the program and helps incase a malware attempted to close some of it's protection.

You then have to reboot your PC so that it will complete the process of un-registering the above DLL files you mentioned(dlprotect.dll,spywareguard.dll) in order to remove the shell hooks of Explorer. You can then complete the clean-up by removing the DLL files and SG's folder under C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard.

My suggestion is to re-install SpywareGuard and then follow the below instructions to un-install. If you then want to re-install....we can then follow a couple of steps to see which of the 3 protections is causing your problem.

Proper un-installing steps:
    1)Open SG....select Options....un-check all three protections seen in below pic and select Save Settings.
    2)Select File\Exit to close SG and select Yes....after reading warning message.
    3)Re-boot PC and delete if you wish the files I mentioned above and SG's folder.

• If you then want to re-install we can then follow a couple of steps to see which of the 3 protections is causing your problem. Most have noted this error

Attached Files:

8. Under0ath

Thank you for the Information.
    Im sorry, I'm a bit lost by this:

"which is why the below message is presented when a user attempts to exit the program and helps incase a malware attempted to close some of it's protection."
    Which message are you refering to? The first message I recieved? Or some other message?

I would like to Keep SpyWare Guard, but it has been popping up the message on my first post. If there is any way to fix that, i would re-install SpywareGuard

9. Under0ath

Sorry Snowbound:
    So, just to clarify, these 2 processes,

sgbhp.exe

SGMAIN.EXE

are not running in Task Manager?

I haddent seen your post.

No those are not running in the task Manager. Also, that error message only appeared once, right after the installation. After that, it has not apperaed since

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That is the message one sees when they Exit the program. I assumed you were now wanting to un-install and was giving proper un-install procedures.

However....if you are wanting to re-install and see if the error message your speaking of in the beginning of your thread still appears....give it a try....we can then attempt to see which of the 3 protection features is causing this problem and possibly narrow it down.

11. Under0ath

Thank you for the assistance Bubba,

I'll give it a try. I'll reinstall it and report back here if it gives me the error again.

12. Under0ath

I re-installed SWG and within two minutes,
    Run-Time Error- '2147221231 (8004011)':
    Automation Error
    ClassFactory cannot supply requested class.

appeared yet again.

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you mind opening SG and via Options....un-check Download Protection and see if the message appears. If so....kewl....if not....uncheck the other 2 one at a time until the error message goes away.

While I may not have a definitive fix suggestion....we would appreciate any help you can give us in attempting to track down this rare error.

14. Under0ath

Alrighty heres what I've got:

When Download Protection was Unchecked: Error message appeared (same one as before)
    When Real Time Scanning was Disabled: NO ERROR MESSAGE APPERED
    When Browser Hijack Protection was Disabled: Same error message appeared.

If there is any information i can supply you with to further the understanding of this problem, please, let me know.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  15. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hmmm....so it's possibly happening with the shell hook only(81559C35-8464-49F7-BB0E-07A383BEF910\Real Time Scanning).

What is your operating system and if it's NT family(2K\XP)....did you install the program with Admin priviliges and is this error happening with a limited_user account or Admin account....or both ?

16. Under0ath

My operating system is Windows XP (Service Pack 2) I installed the program on the Admin account. In total, there are four (4) accounts on this computer. They all had Admin. priviliges, but since I am the one on the computer most of the time, My account thus far is the only account with this problem.

17. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well then....there's the answer....don't use that account :cool: Just kidding !

I am unfortunately at the moment going to have to beg off until I can think of why a shell hook would only cause an error for one Admin account but not the others.

18. Under0ath

Haha,

Not a problem, if you could alert me as soon as you have some idea of how to solve this, OR if you need more information about my computer.

Thank you for your help.

Just wondering: Is this the first time this error has come up? or is it just extrememely uncommon?

Again, if there is any information i can supply you with to further the understanding of this problem, let me know.

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

extremly uncommon.

So that I also don't mis-understand....with Real Time Scanning unchecked and the other 2....Download and Browser Hijack....that's when the error message occurs ?

Also....please list....if you don't mind....any\all other programs that monitor processes or registry and any other software you wish to share....firewalls, anti-virus, anti-trojan....etc.

20. Under0ath

This morning when I started up my computer and SWG loaded, (with Reat Time Scanning disabled) it gave me the error again within a few minutes.

To clarify: Yesterday, when Real Time Scanning was disabled, the error message would not pop up. However, when one of the other two was checked (and Real Time WAS checked) the error message came up.

Back to this morning: Real Time Scanning was disabled, but still the error message appeared.

Security Software:
    Ad-Aware SE
    Webroot's SpySweeper
    Norton Anti-Virus
    SpyBot S&d 1.3
    Spyware Blaster
    Window Washer (Not really security, however it deletes the temp. folders and hte cache etc.)
    BitDefender Online Scan (Online Anti-Virus)
    TrendMicro Online Scan (Yet.. Another Anti-Virus Scan)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  21. Under0ath

Wondering if any new information has arisen about this problem, or if more info. is required.

Danke,
    Under0ath

22. mr_ckw

mr_ckw Registered Member

Bigbuck just assisted me in fixing the following issue:

Run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)':

Automation error
    ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Check out the thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=352940#post352940

He (Bigbuck) pointed me to the thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=33170&highlight=spywareguard error

where I found the resolution. And he pointed me to this thread. As you're having the identical issue, I thought I share with you the resolution I found elsewhere.

Good Luck, Hope this takes care of it for you.

mr_ckw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.