SpywareGuard Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by homeport, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeport

homeport Registered Member

I recently installed SpywareGuard v 2.2.0. The red SG symbol shows up in my Systray allowing me to open it. However, for some reason sometimes the SG does not show up in the Systray. When this happens, even if I click on the Desktop SG shortcut, the program will not open. It is necessary for me to have to reboot.

Is there a way to open SG when it does not show up in the Systray without having to rebooto_O?

Thanks

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

This is a strange problem, and I haven't found a fix that works 100% of the time yet.

However there is something you can do with your current version of SpywareGuard.

If you have Windows 98/ME:
    Press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    and "End Task" the following processes:
    "sgmain", "sgbhp"

If you have Windows 2000/XP:
    Press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    Click on the "Processes" tab.
    "End Task" the following processes in the order below:
    -sgmain.exe
    -sgbhp.exe

Then you should be able to restart SpywareGuard and have the icon appear in your system tray.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. ketoh

ketoh Guest

Does this same process work to remove Spywareguard.I cannot get it to uninstall.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yes - if you are having trouble removing SpywareGuard, the process outline above should work for you. (Just make sure you terminate the sgmain task before the sgbhp task.) :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Removing the 2 files from the Processes works. However, it is best to have a Desktop icon for SG so that all you have to do is click on it to have it reappear in the task bar. If you find a permanent cure which does not require this procedure, please let us know. I suppose it would be good to know why it sometimes does not load into the task bar. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.