SpywareGuard problem - want to disable...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by valleystorm, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valleystorm

valleystorm Registered Member

I'm new to Wilders, was linked to here by SpyGuard for help. I just installed SpyGuard and it crashed my FireFox. Switched to my NeoPlanet browser and first it crashed that, too, but now lets me stay on. I'd like to disable SpyGuard but can find nowhere or how to do it. This is a new desktop my son got me for Christmas and it's been working fine. I have Norton, Spybot, Ad-Aware and SyBlaster, which all seem to be working fine. Gibson's tells me I'm completely 'stealth.'

Don't know if this is the right place at Wilders to ask about SpyGuard, but will very much appreciate any suggestions.

Neat place here...I'll be visiting often to check out comments. I can use all the help I can find! LOL

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I can't say I know how to disable it but you may want to uninstall it untill you can get some accurate advise. Then you can just reinstall when you know what to do aslong as you have kept the installation.

I'm sure someone will be able to advise you so stay around for a while or come back later.

Jimbob

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

First, let's make sure we are talking about Javacool's "SpywareGuard" and not SpyGuard, which is a totally different thing.

If you are using Javacool's SpywareGuard, then take a look at this thread and the image within that shows how to disable and shutdown SpywareGuard:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21071

In order to uninstall SpywareGuard, it must be shutdown first otherwise the uninstall tells you it can not run.

4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Thanks for that LowWaterMark, the name used confused me a little too.

Jimbob

5. valleystorm

valleystorm Registered Member

I can find nowhere to disable or to uninstall Javacool's SpywareGuard (that is what I have), but have decided not to anyway because it seems to be working okay now. Very much appreciate the help and links, though. Am keeping those on hand, in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.