spywareguard not working

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by judyshonk, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judyshonk

judyshonk Registered Member

I was given a copy of spywareguard by a friend I am running window xp and it does not help any of the pop ups at all. I had no trouble with pop ups until I tried aol. and then got them non stop. I no longer have aol but still get them. do I need to do something else to get this to work

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi judyshonk!

Yes, there is more to do here. This is a post I made at another board in a thread on what to do about spyware and adware.

Spyware and adware are ever growing problems on the Internet. Learn all you can about it. It's up to you.

For my part, to combat them I use Spybot Search an Destroy, Adaware 6, SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard are on duty all the time, but I still do weekly scans with Spybot and Adaware. I find that they complement each other nicely.

BTW, all of these programs are freeware. Adaware has a payware version though. The others don't.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard Link

You can get Spybot S&D here: http://security.kolla.de/

You can get Adaware here: http://www.lavasoft.de/

I would advise that you get Adaware and Spybot and do full scans of your system with them. Also, If you do not have SpywareBlaster, get it. It really works!

Best of luck to you from Larry :)

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi judyshonk,

Welcome to Wilders!

To add a bit to the Prince's post, Spyware Guard is more intended to guard against new infections. To get rid of existing ones your best bet is to go to the links Prince provided to Spybot and AdAware. Once you are clean of any spyware issues SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster will keep your system free from further "infections".

Also, I would recommend that once you scan with Spybot and AdAware, you go download and run HijackThis from

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/hijackthis.zip

and select the "Scan" button. Once it is done with the scan, do *not* try to fix anything in this app as much of what it finds is necessary, instead press the "Save Log" button and copy and paste the log here so we can advise you on the removal of any loose ends left behind after the Spybot and AdAware scans.

If you have any questions regarding any of this don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.