SpywareGuard Multiple Choice

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Frank the Perv, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

SpywareGuard Multiple Choice.

For years, I’ve been hitting the SpywareGuard “live update” button wondering if I would finally get an update. For years I get the message that I have the latest SpywareGuard definitions.

Do you realize that we just passed the second anniversary of no new definitions for SpywareGuard. And I believe the last software update was sometime before that.

Don’t get me wrong – it’s in poor form to look a gift horse in the mouth, and Javacool is ‘da man’ for providing us all great computer security software for no cost. So that is not an issue. I appreciate Javacool’s time and effort, and I appreciate the software.

That stated, what is the future of SpywareGuard?

A. Will I fall off my chair one day when I hit the update button and something actually happens?

B. Will the software be discontinued? Is that already the case?

C. Will a new and enhanced version come out?

D. Will Bigfoot finally be discovered?

Thanks to Javacool for the good stuff, and looking forward to any contributions he has time to contribute in the future.

FTP

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Not that I am disagreeing that the definitions in SpywareGuard have aged, but, it's actually 2 years not 3. ;) The "current" defs are from January 22, 2004.

A. Perhaps! :D

B. Probably not.

C. Maybe.

D. One day!

Actually, this is the last thing Javacool had to say about SpywareGuard, and while it also is an old message, I don't think the overall strategy has changed because I believe Javacool would have posted about it otherwise:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48820

3. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I was hoping Javacool would come out and answer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.