Spywareguard Memory Error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by doggeral, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doggeral

doggeral Guest

First off i've searched the forum and seen nothing related to this, so I thought it was on me.

When
    Once I upgraded to one of the spywareguard 2.2 revisions (I don't think it happened with 2.0) I started recieving referenced memory errors in specific situations.

Circumstances
    I only get the error when logging off, restarting or shutting down windows with spywareguard running. I do not recieve the error when I exit spywareguard manually. If I uninstall spywareguard and re-install it then on the first reboot/log off/shutdown I do it does not generate the error, but does on subsequet reboots/log offs/shutdowns. This does not happen to me on other applications unless I do something to crash or hang explorer or something like that.

Description of the Error Recieved

Application popup: SpywareGuard: sgmain.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x27581771" referenced memory at "0x27581771". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Steps taken so far to resolve

1. As mentioned above uninstalled and re-installed

2. Tried uninstalling spywareblaster and spywareguard then only installing spywareguard

3. Did serveral memory tests

4. Tried deleting pagefile.sys after that didn't work restored and tested

5. Took one memory stick out at a time and tested each one individually.

6. Tried disabling all other apps to see if there was a possible conflict.

What I'm looking for

I'm thinking i know the answer to this, but I want to make sure that there is no scenario with the application that could be causing this error to make sure that the problem is likely something with my computer.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I have had a report or two of this error, but I still cannot reproduce it. :doubt:

What version of Windows are you running, and what service packs (or patches), if any, do you have installed?

Also, what anti-virus (or other protection software, such as a firewall) do you run?

Thanks in advance. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. doggeral

doggeral Guest

I have Windows XP SP1 and I have not installed all the latest patches as a couple of them seem to slow my system down or are unnecessary for me. If you would like I could get a listing of all my currently installed XP patches, but I'm not sure thats what you are looking for.

Well I'm going to be honest I use this machine for a lot of testing. I use Drive Image and restore to a fresh base image once a month.

The AV I'm currently using is Avast!

I currently use Kerio 2.15 as a firewall.

However I have had the same problems in conjunction with

Sygate PSF
    Outpost
    Trend Micro PC-Cillin
    Nod32

I think those are the only ones I have used with in the time frame of this error.

I use specific security settings on directories and in the registry (I do not use my computer in administrative mode unless troubleshooting something). The basic stuff like Windows and Windows/System and HKLM, but additional spots as well.

While tracking this error down I keep coming back to grxp4exe (gravis gamepad software).

I don't know if there is a conflict there, but I have never been able to pinpoint it as the problem.

Other programs I use that constantly run

Google Toolbar (popup functions disabled)
    Popup Stopper Pro
    Ad Muncher
    CacheBoost
    Trillian
    Getright
    BoostXP
    AnyDVD
    Don't Panic
    Daemon Tools

(some other assistants SWFDecompiler, Acrobat, etc etc)

Other General Programs

DVD Stuff (DVDshrink, CloneDVD, etc etc)

CD Burning Stuff (Nero, Burnatonce, etc etc)

Programming Stuff (Visual Studio, ActivePerl, etc etc)

The list goes on.

4. doggeral

doggeral Guest

I keep forgetting to log in.....but I wanted to add....

Thanks for the best regards....I offer the same :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.