SpywareGuard, Keep getting popup messages

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by muralees, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muralees

muralees Registered Member

HI,

Can anyone help??

I have SpywareGuard 2.2 installed and I keep getting the message, "An attempt to change Internet Explorer settings has been detected" and offers me the option to "Restore old value" or "keep new value".

I have tried to change the options and selected "Silently Block", but does not seem to work. I still keep getting this message.

Thanks,

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey muralees....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

The "Silently Block" selection pertains to SpywareGuards(SG) Download Protection. The pop-up message your receiving pertains to SG's Browser HiJack Protection....which does not have a message setting selection.

What other info is part of the message....Home page change, Search page change....etc ?

3. muralees

muralees Registered Member

Hi - thanks for the welcome.

The other message is " Your IE search bar has been changed"
    and "Your internet search bar has been changed from [home page shown] to [home page shown"

Thanks!
    :D

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If these Search page changes are happening because your wanting to change them....that's kewl....BUT....if these Search page changes are happening for any other reason....more likely than not you have a browser highjack problem going on and possibly need some assistance by the Spyware Experts.

Since Wilders no longer offers one-on-one system cleaning services as noted in the below Announcement....I suggest you follow the info in the below quote by LWM and visit with the Spyware experts.

Wilders Annoucement

5. tigercatt9403

tigercatt9403 Registered Member

Hello Muralees:

I am having the same popup on my second computer , but my homepage
    is not being changed or anything. Since the computer is not being used
    online , I have made no attempt to correct this little nuisance. You might
    just want to uninstall and reinstall it and it will work just fine for you. This
    just started for me about three weeks ago , but it is not a threat. As long
    as your homepage is secured down tight , then all is probably okay.

tigercatt

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Nan - Since your question about SpywareGuard was not related to this thread's topic, I have split your post off into a new thread in the SpywareBlaster & Other Forums and edited it's title:

You can find it here: SpywareGuard, is it working?

Regards,

snap

7. Nan

Nan Registered Member

Hi Snap,trust me to do it wrong lol. Thank you so very much for doing that for me I do appreciate it, and answering so promptly as well.
    Kind Regards
    Nan

8. To get rid of the browser hijack/redirects for IE is to switch your browser to Firefox. Just switch to firefox and spy/adware problems are solved. If you perfer IE find the program hijackthis and spysweeper.

9. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

I have the same problem.. With me it say's "Your internet search bar has been changed from MSN.nl to MSN.nl/" or just quotes.. " o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.