Spywareguard inactive

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by viruswitch, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viruswitch

viruswitch Registered Member

Hello,

I just noticed, while uninstaling wmedia player and iis from my pc that the spyware guard was inactive (due to the weird icon that appeared on the tasktray).

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6528/sg6qf.jpg

Any ideas what could be wrong? I have been running spywareguard for 2 years without problems.

My pc has winxp pro sp2. Spyware guard version 2.2

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Strange...

Are u sure someone didn't uncheck the option(s) in SG?

How many options are unchecked? 1,2 all of them? If only 1 or 2, which ones?

snowbound

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  3. viruswitch

viruswitch Registered Member

No I did not manually disable it and nobody else has access on my pc. This happened automatically out of some weird reason. Only the real time scanning engine is disabled. Also after a reboot it is disabled.

The only suspect thing that I did in my pc the last days, was to install from the microsoft site some drivers to play a certain type of wmedia file. Windows media player ceased to function thats why I unistalled it. I wonder if there is any connection between that and the inactive spywareguard. I also found an unknown program in my list called WinPcap. Other from that, I cant think of anything? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.