SpywareGuard, how does it work?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Stro, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

I downloaded SpywareGuard, then updated it with its LiveUpdate. All went clean. I have an icon on the desktop and a listing in Programs. When I double click on the icon or listing entry, however, nothing happens. Nothing at all pops up. I though the program was contaminated so I went to Control Panel’s Add/Delete to remove it. At this point, the computer asked if I really wanted to delete it because SpywareGuard was running. I cancelled the delete.

Can anyone inform me what I should see when I double click on the program’s icon or listing entry? And any advice on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks & regards,
    Stro

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hello Stro,

SpywareGuard is a preventive program that is working real time and will alert you if any change is going to cause in your computer. To use it, you have to right click on the SG icon in your system tray and you will get the main window.. Go to options and check all the options. Once in a while check for updates and then leave it as it is. That will be it.

Regards

3. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Subratam,
    Thanks for the information. I right clicked on the icon in the system tray and the SpywareGuard window popped up, as you said.
    I then right clicked on the icon on the desktop. Nothing happened. Why does javacool place a SpywareGuard icon on my desktop if it doesn't do anything? (the desktop SpywareGuard LiveUpdate icon works fine; it's the other desktop icon that does nothing).
    Regards,
    Stro

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The main desktop icon (along with the link in the Start menu) are used to start SpywareGuard if it isn't already running. Once it is running, as seen when the SG icon is in the systray, then no it really doesn't do anything.

If you did disable SpywareGuard and Exit it from its management window, that icon would start it back up for you.

5. Stro

Stro Registered Member

LowWaterMark,
    Thanks for the follow-up to my question. All is clear now. Also, I enjoyed & appreciated reading this afternoon your excellent explanation on the difference between SpywareBlaster and -Guard. You wrote it a few months ago.
    Regards,
    Stro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.