SpywareGuard & Hotmail

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by D-B-M, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-B-M

D-B-M Guest

I've been having problems with a particularly nasty load of Spyware/virus called CoolWebSearch or "about:blank" (the page it loads after hijacking your homepage). I finally got rid of it with the kind help of the experts at SpywareWarrior.com ...

However, in the extended and convoluted process of getting rid of this thing I looked up a number of products for fixing and preventing Spyware. One of the things I did was to load SpywareGuard. Now, when my problems were entirely cleared and I had loaded up on prevention, I found that I could not use Hotmail. It displays the login dialog box and takes my password then shows a blank page (just whitespace). When I turned SpywareGuard off (I tried turning a number of things off and then on again!), I was able to get into my mail on the second try ... turning it back on after checking mail I am back to my white screen.

Now, I am very confused as I've searched this forum and found ... nothing. No mention of anyone else having my problem! Does anyone have any idea what might be causing thiso_O

Thanks,
    DBM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.