SpywareGuard errors =[

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by donnyjasperson, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnyjasperson

donnyjasperson Registered Member

May 12, 2004
    After using SpywareGuard (happily!) for several months, all of the sudden I am getting an error shortly after startup....

"Run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)': Automation error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

I've tried re-installing but I get the same error =[

Please help, I'm afraid it's some sort of attack that knows taht SpywareGuard can detect it...
  2. purekane

purekane Guest

i am getting the same problem too : ) did you find out how to fix it?? pure_kane_007[AT]yahoo.com [[[tell me plz if you no]]]

edited to disable email to protect against harvesting - Detox
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2004
  3. donny

donny Guest

I ended up having A LOT, I repeat A LOT of damaged .dll files, etc. So after a sfc /scannow I re-installed all affected software..... I'm STILL finding bad ones and replacing them =[

I also recommend a complete spyware sweep with "Webroot Spy Sweeper" it found a few active and A LOT of leftovers......

Now I run Bazooka, SpyFlush, Spy Sweeper, SpybotSearch&Destroy, and AdAware whenever I feel necessary (weekly or more often if something doesn't seem right)....

Sadly, I find things REGULARLY....

*(&#&$ Kids that install anything and everything!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.