SpywareGuard errors =[

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by donnyjasperson, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnyjasperson

donnyjasperson Registered Member

After using SpywareGuard (happily!) for several months, all of the sudden I am getting an error shortly after startup....

"Run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)': Automation error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

I've tried re-installing but I get the same error =[

Please help, I'm afraid it's some sort of attack that knows taht SpywareGuard can detect it...

2. purekane

purekane Guest

i am getting the same problem too : ) did you find out how to fix it?? pure_kane_007[AT]yahoo.com [[[tell me plz if you no]]]

edited to disable email to protect against harvesting - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2004
  3. donny

donny Guest

I ended up having A LOT, I repeat A LOT of damaged .dll files, etc. So after a sfc /scannow I re-installed all affected software..... I'm STILL finding bad ones and replacing them =[

I also recommend a complete spyware sweep with "Webroot Spy Sweeper" it found a few active and A LOT of leftovers......

Now I run Bazooka, SpyFlush, Spy Sweeper, SpybotSearch&Destroy, and AdAware whenever I feel necessary (weekly or more often if something doesn't seem right)....

Sadly, I find things REGULARLY....

*(&#&$ Kids that install anything and everything!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.