SpywareGuard don't detect Gator Adware

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kronoman, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kronoman

kronoman Registered Member

I installed the SpywareGuard 2.2 and runed the Live Update. Then I made a test visiting a known webpage with the Gator adware and SpywareGuard did not detected the Gator so it was installed anyway.

According to Javacool Software LLC the Spyware Guard detects any adware or spyware in real time when online but this does not worked with the Gator
    adware. Does anyone knows about this? Then what is the protection claimed by Javacool Software ?

2. PhilHouston

PhilHouston Registered Member

Yes, I posted earlier about how SpywareBegone found Gator and others that SG missed.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Do you have SpywareBlaster installed? If not, you really should download that too.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard work quite well together, and offer different types of protection. I suspect that SpywareBlaster would have blocked the installation/download of that variant, but please feel free to post the link just in case. (NOTE: Please change the "http:\\" to "hxxp:\\" to prevent someone from accidentally clicking on it.)

Thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.