spywareguard caused an error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by joan, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joan

joan Registered Member

I installed Spywareguard last night and everything seemed to be all right. However when I logged into the internet this morning I got the message 'an error in unknown..... if the trouble continues please restart your computer'. The only thing that doesn't come up in my taskbar is the SG icon. Have tried rebooting several times and I get the same error. I have downloaded nothing else. Any ideas please?

2. danbrown76

danbrown76 Guest

I would say that your spywareguard more than likely disabled some program that automatically loaded win you first boot up your computer. If you don't already know, you can view your startup programs from msconfig (startmenu > run > msconfig ...then startup-tab ) but be careful what programs you disable here.

A useful startup program manager I like is from codestuff which you can download here:
    http://freedownloadswindows.com/windows/download/69276/Starter.html

3. joan

joan Registered Member

Thanks for your reply danbrown. The only icon that didn't load on the righthand side of my taksbar was SG so I guessed SG was the problem. My computer has been having the same trouble since downloading SG so this time I logged on I have uninstalled SG to see if that resolves the problem. o_O

4. joan

joan Registered Member

Since I uninstalled Spywareguard I have had no problems with my computer and error messages. Seems a shame I can't use this program when I already have spywareblaster. I thought it was better to go for programs from the same source but seems I shall have to look for something else to keep my homepage from being highjacked.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well this certainly is a strange error. By any chance are you using a Chinese/Japanese language version of Windows?

Even if you aren't - a version of SpywareGuard with many improvements/bug fixes is being worked on - I hope to have it out soon. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. joan

joan Registered Member

Thanks for getting back to me javacool. I know you've been on holiday.
    No I am using just an ordinary English version of Windows ME.
    Do you think it is worth downloading the program again in case I got a corrupt file?

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well, if you can wait a couple of weeks I would recommend trying the next version instead, since it will include quite a few bug fixes. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

8. joan

joan Registered Member

Javacool, I shall wait patiently for your next version. Thank you for your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.