Spywareguard and Invalid Page Fault, Kernell32.dll

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Peter B, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter B

Peter B Guest

When I run Spywareguard 2.2 (and I had the same problem with its predecessor, Browser Hijack Blaster 1.0), I frequently, but not always, run into a problem when I close a program. I get the message:

[program name] caused an invalid page fault in module kernell32.dll @ 0167:bff9db61 and will be shut down.

When I try to hit the "close" button on the message window, it won't close and nothing else on the computer will work. I have to use the manual restart button on the computer to reboot. Interestingly, the data in the program always seems OK afterward so it appears to be soley a problem with closing the program(s).

I've had the problem occur with browsers (IE, Netscape, Firefox), MS office programs like PowerPoint, McAfee security suite, and other programs. The problem only occurs when Spywareguard is running.

I tried researching the error message on the internet, and the best I could come up with is that it is some sort of resource conflict.

I am running Windows 98SE with all the recent upgrades.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Peter B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.