SpywareGuard 2.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

One other thing,

do u still have the SG icon in your systems tray?

If u do u can disable it by going into Options and unchecking all protection.

snowbound

2. spiff5000

spiff5000 Guest

Can you provide a .msi download of SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster to use as a Group Policy Object software package?

3. Malky

Malky Registered Member

Hi Snowbound.
    Apologies for the delay in replying. Not online yesterday.
    It was that simple. :D
    I could not understand why it would not run from the onscreen shortcut.
    It runs fine from the bottom toolbar. I did not think of trying that. o_O

Again, many thanks.

Best wishes

Malky.

4. snowbound

Your not alone Malky,

This question gets asked quite often actually. ;)

Glad u got it working. :)

snowbound

5. mrsfiles

mrsfiles Registered Member

I am new to posting & forums so forgive me if I've done this wrong. Didn't know where to start to post a message.
    I'm a new spywareguard user and have just downloaded and installed the min. setup version of 2.2 as I use XP. The program worked well for a week and I now have a blank interface when I open it. The blue buttons and green checkmarks show up (Status, Reports, etc.) but the text is not showing at all. When I hit options, the text for "general" shows up but there is no text after the checkmark. I don't know what could have changed it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the program to no avail. The event log is empty as well. It seems to still check for updates ok. I have Spyware Blaster and Ad-aware installed as well. I really like the program...HELP!

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

7. Denim

Denim Registered Member

Hey there,
    Im new here, And I dont know if this is the right place to ask this or not. Im currentally running Windows XP home, Norton's system works,2003, Sygate firewall, Spybot S&D, And Spyware Blaster, And Pow!! pop up ad stopper.
    What I was wondering is that, Will SpywareGaurd 2.2 Be compatable with Spybot S&D? Can I run them both ,without no capitabillaty issues ? Like you can Adaware, and Spybot S&D? Once again thanks in advance for your help concerning this Matter.
    And Paul please feel free to move this post, if it is in the wrong spot. As I was just confused on where to ask the question. It's a Blonde thing ;) I think with me anymore these days? Or is it that Midlife CRS desiease ? lol. :D But Thanks in advance .
    Your Buddy Always,
    :) Denim:)

8. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Denim - All versions of SBS&D that I've had on here ran/run quite well with SpywareGuard v.2.2. No conflicts. Pete

9. snowbound

Hi Denim :)

I run Ad-aware, Spybot S&D and Spywareguard(along with a few others) on my comp with no problems at all.

Hope this helps. :)

snowbound

10. snowbound

oops :D

Pete beat me too it! :p

snowbound

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

NP, snowbound - other confirmation is a good thing! :cool: Pete

12. Denim

Denim Registered Member

Thank you all for such the fast Reply, Will download both and run them also. As I just like to ask b4 I do so , to advoid compatibillity issues lol. As Im not smart enuff to fix them .

Ive been asking over there at the Net forums, When the New spybot S&D is going to be released NOT THE RC but the reg version, and Still havent gotten now response yet. As of two days ago up to now . All they keep talking about is a RC (release canadate a.k.a Beta version ) And it has been over two months now (if not longer ) since I was able to get updates for the 1.2 version .
    Would anybody here happen to know something ? Or am I missing something here ? Any help would be apprceiated on the matter. And thanks once again for all your help , and in Advance for Assistance in the current issue posted here.
    And Paul if this is in the Wrong spot please feel free to move it .
    Your Buddy Always,
    :) Denim :)

13. snowbound

Hi again Denim :)

U may want to post your Spybot S&D question over in the Privacy Software Forum.

It will get a lot better attention over there. ;)

snowbound

14. oonocando

oonocando Registered Member

I have downloaded SpywareGuard 2.2 and the installation was quick and smooth. In the past 24 hours the SpywareGuard 2.2 has proven itself to be a very usefull tool and I like it.
    The only question i have concernes protection on a computer with multipule accounts.
    I have the red SG icon on my taskbar and it loads when i start up my computer. If I go to any of the other user accounts I find that there is know Red SG icon but that I can load it into the taskbar manualy.
    Do I need to download the SpywareGard 2.2 program onto each user account or is my computer fully protected because the prodgram was downloaded onto my account(ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT)?

15. nicoboss

nicoboss Registered Member

Hi !

First, thanks a lot for the great job !

I just have a little question about Spyguard 2.2.
    Each time I restart my computer, the "dowload protection" becomes unchecked even with "saving settings" before restart and when checking it again.
    Could this be a conflict with another software as PestPatrol or SpyBotSearch&Destroy since nobody seems to have the same problem ?

I searched in the forum but did not find any solution.
    Could you help me please

Thanks again
    Nicoboss

16. war59312

war59312 Registered Member

17. Fattycrab

Fattycrab Guest

"UPGRADING INSTRUCTIONS: Users upgrading from a previous version of SpywareGuard, or users with Windows XP, may use the SpywareGuard 2.2 [Minimal Setup]"

Hi folks,

I am using XP and trying to download SpywareGuard for minimal setup, but the link is not working!

Anyone else having this problem or is it only on my end? Is there an alternative way to download SpywareGuard?

BTW I just installed Spyware Blaster and I read somewhere asking to read the Tutorials then enable all protection (from memory) but I can't find the Tutorial anywhere in the Spyware Blaster program!

Thanks wildersecurities.

Fattycrab

18. snowbound

Hi Fattycrab :)

Welcome to Wilders. :)

Here's one that works,

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html

When u say tutorials, do u mean the help files in SpywareBlaster?

If so, click on the ? near the top right corner of the SpywareBlaster interface.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  19. oonocando

oonocando Registered Member

What is the differance in the Spywareguard 2.2 full setup and the Spywareguard 2.2 mim. setup?

20. chris1818

chris1818 Registered Member

Hi. Has anyone had any problems using SpywareGuard with the free version of Zone Alarm?? I want to install it, but I use ZA and I wanted to know if there were any known compatibility problems.

Thanks so much!

21. tuppa

tuppa Guest

I would just like to know if spyguard uses a lot of the cpu?

22. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Tuppa - with SG (and a LOT of other stuff!) running, I'm pulling around 13% CPU usage on a 500MHz PIII, so I'd have to say that the answer is 'no'.

23. onestep

onestep Registered Member

Hi all, every time I try to check Spyware Guard for updates I get an error message ("Error getting the update information from the server..."). The last update appears as 1/22/04. This error is the same on all my machines and occurs with or without the firewall (Sygate Pro) enabled. Spyware Blaster updates fine. Is there an issue with the SB update server or is the issue with my little LAN?

24. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Sorry I can't help with the connection problem -- but you do have the most recent update.

25. onestep

onestep Registered Member

Thanks for the response, Mike. That update is on one machine. Two others have just had Spyware Guard reinstalled & will not update, listing 8/30/03 as the definitions release date. I keep getting a server or firewall error even with my firewall dropped. I have no problem keeping any other software up to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.