SpywareGuard 2.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey VJ

Keep trying every so many hours, right now the DNS Records needs to become updated for everyone.

2. vj

vj Guest

PhantOm - not sure what u mean about DNS records having to be updated for everyone?

3. r.m.

r.m. Guest

can we make spywareguard 2.2 work in windows 95?

4. Glenn Bishop

Glenn Bishop Guest

I have tried to download this software several times during the past week. I keep getting a message that the file is not found or the URL is not valid. Is there something wrong with the site or is it me?
    Glenn

5. Phant0m

Hey Glenn Bishop

Keep checking every so many hours, the DNS records are being updated by the ISPs.

6. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

7. Phant0m

MajorGeeks as the Installer, Installer that hasn't been updated since lastyear which means the definitions is OUT-OF-DATE. Therefore anyone with the update problem still, has to wait...

8. r.m.

r.m. Registered Member

if I download spywareguad 2.2, will it work properly in windows 95B ? the system requirements do not mention windows 95. Please let me know if it will work or not & if other files are needed. Thanks. Spywareblaster 2.6.1 and Spywareblaster 3.0 works great on my system!

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Sorry, but SpywareGuard is not compatible with Windows 95 at all. :doubt:

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. TOMJ2

TOMJ2 Registered Member

RE: SpywareGuard v2.2
    OK , now what, just installed SG 2.2 ,,,I got the icons on the desktop of SG and SG update, but nothing works .....I dont know if its operating or not ,,,when I click on the icon nothing happens,,tried to unistall,,and get message to shut down first by double clicking the icon and then shutting down,,,however the icon doesnt work,,can not bring up any main menu or panel,,need help to either get working or uninstall........? PS... it is working according to the IE test of homepage change will give a warning,,but I have no control over it to enable/disable ,menus,etc,,,help please, :rolleyes:

11. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2004
  12. TOMJ2

TOMJ2 Registered Member

Very good,,,,,,,,,,,,,I was able to shut down SG within the windows task manager,,,processes section,then after restart the icons became active and in the taskbar slot also,,,ok for now,,,time to go play in the desert b-4 the sun goes down,,,thanks again TOMJ

13. scrambled

scrambled Registered Member

1. No problems downloading and installing SpywareGuard. Thanks for that.

2. Program icon on desktop does not work, but icon in System Tray does (the set of icons on lower right in Win98 ... sorry for idiot terminology).

3. The LiveUpdate desktop icon does work.

4. The link you gave for more info takes me only to the main page of the forum. Is there a better link?

Great work! Truly appreciated! Thanks!

14. snowbound

Hi scrambled :)

I was in the process of fixing the link but our fearless leader beat me to it. ;) :D :D

snowbound

15. pava

pava Registered Member

I got problems with scandisk,when spywareguard was running.It did hang at about 3/4 of the scandiskproces and started all over again.(win98se).When I closed spywareguard it worked normal. :rolleyes:

16. Daffy

Daffy Registered Member

P.S. The updates server is currently unavailable, but that should be fixed by tomorrow. Until then you will experience problems running SG LiveUpdate.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    today I installed SpywareGuard 2.2, but when I tried to perform a live update, I received the message that the download failed because the proxy server needs authentication. That's quite right, as I am sitting behind a proxy, but I didn't find any place in Spywareguard to enther the necessary proxy configuration and authentication info. How can I update through a proxy? Would be great if you could help me.

(SpywareBlaster allows configuration of proxy connections, why not SpyGuard as well?)

Regards,
    Daffy

17. jcddigit

jcddigit Registered Member

I have windows 98 SE, and use netscape 7.1 browser. I have installed both spywareguard 2.2 and spywareblaster 3.1 A few questions if I may:
    1. It does not appear that either of these programs are compatable with netscape 7.1 browser, is that correct or not?
    2. When opening spywareblaster, it takes about 4 plus minutes for the program to open and for it to load the protection data base. Is that a normal wait time?
    3. If these programs do work with netscape 7.1 browser, how can I check them to see if they are operating, as nothing is in the file history at least on the sypwareguard? And I do not know where or how to check if the spywareblaster is functioning in the netscape browser?
    Thank you for any help you can give.

18. maggietoo9

maggietoo9 Registered Member

What is the difference between SpyWareBlaster and SpyWareGuard?

Thanks, -Ann

19. snowbound

20. alanzimmerman

alanzimmerman Registered Member

Is there anything similar that will work on Windows 95?

SpywareGuard is compatible with: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP

21. masterwriter

masterwriter Guest

Is there a new version of Spyware Guard due to be released soon?
    Thanks

22. lewlowe

lewlowe Registered Member

how do you get the old version off as I made a mistake and took off the icon on the computer and now it will not take the new version,and it keeps asking that the old version is still on and as to be turn off.please let me know if there is a way to turn off the program when I took of the icon by mistake.
    thanks to all

23. Malky

Malky Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard 2.2 released! and problems!!

Having read how wonderful some of the posters think of this product, I find myself in the unenviable position of having problems with the download. I have downloaded it, but it will not do anything, as I cannot seem to activate any response from the shortcuts.
    I have tried to uninstall it, so I can re-install it in case there are corrupted files in the original instalation but I keep on getting the message that it is running, and I have to switch it off prior to uninstalling.
    Catch 22 situation there!!.
    System, Windows XP pro, also running in the background are McAfee, (Firewall, Privacy Centre and AntiVirus), (AdAware), (AdWatch) and (SpywareBlaster).
    Any ideas how to actually activate on screen would be gratefully received.
    Would any of the above have a compatability issue with it?

Thanks.

Malky.

24. snowbound

Hi Malky :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Do u have the SG icon in your systems tray?

Click on that for acess to the Spywareguard interface with all the options.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

25. snowbound

Hi lewlowe :)

Welcome to Wilders.

One way to do it is to go into your task manager and end these 2 processes,

SGMAIN.EXE

SGBHP.EXE

That should disable Spywareguard.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.