SpywareGuard 2.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12345

12345 Guest

Can somebody tell me the last definitions date.
    Thanks in advance.

2. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

3. ripica

ripica Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard 2.2 released!-help me!

I installed spyware 2.2 about a half year ago and was using,
    but suddenly, now I cannot see SG icon in the bar in right down of screen, and I can not open spyware guard, even after clicking spyware guard in program in start menu.
    I don't know this soft ware is OK or not now. I'd like to open the program to see the status.
    I tried some. I can not download it again, message comes up saying that ' spywareGuard setup has detected that spywareguard is currently running. please close all instances of it now, and then click OK to continue, or cancel to exit. To exit spywareguard, double-click on the red 'SG' icon in the system tray,choose "exit" from the file menu and press "yes" on the resulting message box.'

but I can not click OK. if I click OK, still same message comes up endlessly. I can click just cancel.
    and I can not see SG icon anymore.
    next, I tried to remove current spyware guard2.2 and download again.
    but I can not remove it.
    because I got a same message
    "spywareGuard UNINSTALL has detected that spywareguard is currently running. please close all instances of it now, and then click OK to continue, or cancel to exit. To exit spywareguard, double-click on the red 'SG' icon in the system tray,choose "exit" from the file menu and press "yes" on the resulting message box".
    I even can not remove it.
    it is really runnning??
    How should I do? why this is happen? I want to back normal status that I used before. I could open spyware guard, and I could see SG icon.

Please help me.

I updated microsoft office. because I got this?, maybe not...

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi ripica. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Are u running XP?

If so, there is an issue sometimes where people have reported here of the SG icon disappearing from the system tray from time to time....

At any rate, if u want to uninstall, open task manager and kill these 2 processes,

SGMAIN.EXE

SGBHP.EXE

After this u should be able to uninstall then reinstall Spywareguard again.

Most of the time after reinstall the icon will reappear again. :)

snowbound

5. ripica

ripica Registered Member

Thank you, snowbound. for your help.
    I will try it.

6. snowbound

Your welcome. :)

Post back and let us know how it went.

snowbound

7. john smith

john smith Registered Member

I know it's a little thing, but has it been suggested that this thread be closed, since the announcement is long past? I see a number of questions raised in it which perhaps deserve their own threads and subject lines.

I suppose it's aging, but every time I log onto this forum I think "Oh! A new SpywareGuard release!"

John S.

8. nela1872

nela1872 Guest

I've downloaded SG 2.2 and love it. I just have one question. I don't see a scan button anywhere. Do I need to run a scan and if so, how?

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is an on access hueristic application so you don't need to do a scan, it is not that type of application ;) if something tries to hijack or change the home page in IE and it will alert you immediatly and give you the option to allow it or not.

10. Angeloop

Angeloop Guest

Hi! I just want to know why my definitions date is 01/22/04 if we are in 2005 :S:S

11. snowbound

12. Currently I'm using SPywareGuard 2.2, but does anyone know when the next version of SpywareGuard is coming out?
    SpywareGuard 2.2 is still has a very good realy time protection, but these days some spyware gets through the program like 2 or 3. I found this by using Adaware and Spybot Search & Destroy.
    It'd be great if someone knew something about, such as the Javacool team.

13. snowbound

Well i can't speak for the Javacool Team(which consists of 1, JC himself) but i'm sure he will let us know if something new and wonderful is on the horizon. ;) :D

snowbound

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ elinx,

I have split your post out of this thread and created a thread for your question. Please follow the below link for further assistance.

This thread---> Other SG accounts SG displays 429 error

15. de'ath

de'ath Guest

Any reason why I still need to run Spyware Guard when Spyware Blaster is availableo_O

16. snowbound

Well they both do different things and compliment each other nicely. I wouldn't be without either of them. ;) :D

Good explanation of the differences here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=18132

snowbound

17. de'ath

de'ath Guest

Thanks, Snowbound. I had stopped using Spyware Guard myself and stopped recommending it to others when that XP bug became noticeable (the erratically disappearing red SG icon in the system tray.) And also, because of no updates since 1-22-04. These two things had given me the overall impression that perhaps SG had been discontinued. I used to run SG & SB, both (as well as AdAware and SpybotSD.) Anyway, I'm glad I stopped by here and appreciate your heads-uP!

18. snowbound

No problem, glad i could help. ;) :D

snowbound

19. r2b

r2b Registered Member

I don't remember where I first heard about spyware guard and spyware blaster, but i have had them loaded now for a couple of years, and I just want to say that they helped to clear up a lot of problems I was having and the computer has been essentially clean since then.

Thanks for these really helpful programs. I appreciate your efforts very much. Also the forums are a superb source of information and assistance.

My best wishes to all who make it all work.

Best regards.

20. New user of both Blaster and Guard. Quick question regarding Guard. Used update on both immediately after installation and turning all protections on. The newest update file for Guard 2.2 was dated 01-22-04.

Jan 2, 2004 just seems a bit out-of-date unless nothing new has been created in over a year that needs detection heuristics updated beyond Jan 04. Read earlier threads and understand difference between Blaster and Guard. Updates for Guard were much more extensive and current as it should be.

My question would be simplified by asking if the Jan 04 is the most recent for Guard 2.2?

Yes ends it and No with suggestions would be appreciated.

Your efforts and results are greatly appreciated.

Dennis Dotson

21. snowbound

Yes. :D ;) :D

snowbound

22. T772

T772 Guest

Hi, This has probably been asked before, but i have a quick question > Has development stopped for spywareguard and will there be any updates in the near future? T

23. damian2005

damian2005 Registered Member

Please help! Spyware guard won't respond. when I click the desktop item it does nish! Also, I can't uninstall it. o_O :doubt: :(

24. snowbound

U need to click on the SG in the taskbar to open Spywareguard. U can exit SWG from there if u want to uninstall.

The icon on your desktop is only used if u shutdown SWG for some reason.

snowbound

25. damian2005

damian2005 Registered Member

Cheers! You're a star - and I feel so dumb! Thanks again.

Damian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.