SpywareGaurd almost as annoying as spyware

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sgl, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl

sgl Registered Member

Apparently I have something on my computer that hijacks my web browser and changes my homepage and various other things everytime I try to access the internet. SpywareGaurd notices this and asks me if I want to block it. That's fine the first ten times, but I am getting really tired of telling SpywareGaurd to block it, there are like five different things whatever it is tries to hijack each time, so everytime I open internet explorer or close internet explorer or do anything related to the internet I have to tell SpywareGaurd first that I want to restore old settings, then confirm that old settings are restored. That's 10 clicks everytime I do anything with the internet. It's downright annoying. I am almost ready to just let the thing hijack my browser. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Of course, the real problem here is the underlying hijack that has gotten on to your system, not that SpywareGuard is detecting the hijacks and is being annoying. You'll have to dig out the spyware infection in order to resolve this and to quiet SG.

Take a look at the scanning, cleaning and log review process explained in the thread below. Follow the main steps and when you are done, post your log in the forum mentioned:

HOW TO? Read here about how to post your log!!

3. sekuritas

sekuritas Registered Member

Have not used SpywareGuard but most software has a "remember" feature or "silence" feature. If not, request that from the developers of Spyware Guard.
    Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.