Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Hawk30673, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk30673

Hawk30673 Registered Member

SpywareBlaster Help!

I have down loaded the SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard. Its clear to me that the SpywareGuard is running as soon as I log on. Is the SpywareBlaster also running or is it necessary to start it each time I log on?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Hawk,

Indeed Spyware Guard is or can be resident....whereas SpywareBlaster is non-resident.

Below is a link to the SpywareBlaster Knowledgebase of questions and in particular your question.

This link---> Do I have to keep SpywareBlaster running for it to provide protection?

3. Hawk30673

Thank you Bubba!!

Good man! As I understand this all I have to do is start my computer and start SpywareBuster then close the program on each boot to ensure protection. SpywareGuard will run as soon as the Desk Top appears!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, no that's not what you need to do. :doubt:

Once you run SpywareBlaster and "Enable all Protections", those protections stay there forever. You can reboot your system 50 times a day and never run SpywareBlaster, and you'll still be protected.

The only time you need to run SpywareBlaster again is to "check for updates". If new updates are available, they download when you check for them, and then you simply "enable all protections" again.

You should run SpywareBlaster once a week to check for and install any updates, then you are all set. You do not need to run SpywareBlaster each time you boot.

5. Hawk30673

All right,, its clear to me now! Thanks so very much for your help! :D

6. Deke

Deke Registered Member

If you are ever in doubt about SB not having to run just open it and minimize it to your taskbar and read the popup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.