SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Baz, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baz

Baz Registered Member

Hi, everyone, I have recently installed SpywareBlaster 2.6.1. I would like to know if any members of the forum have had trouble with this program interfering with other programs. (Not similar virus or spyware programs)

I cannot install a particular exe file which, I am told, uses a program common to the exe file and spywareblaster.

There may be nothing in the connection, but I thought I would ask.

Baz.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Baz,

Could you tell us what that particular exe is?

There is an easy way to test if it is SpywareBlaster stopping it. Open SpywareBlaster, click Deselect All, then click Remove Protection for unchecked items.

Then try the exe again. Don´t forget to turn the protection back on after that.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Baz

Baz Registered Member

Sorry. Pieter, I haven't found my way around the forum yet.

Sorry again, as I misled you in the first post. The exe is QuikFixv0.4.exe and, of course it is connected with security.

"Turned off" SpywareBlaster as you suggested, and the exe would still not install. Any ideas?

Thanks for your prompt reply

Baz.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Baz,

No problem. Since you asked about possible conflicts with SpywareBlaster, I moved it here. But you probably posted in the right forum after all. :oops:

QuikFixv0.4.exe, that´s an installer, right?
    Have you tried it in safe mode?

Regards,

Pieter

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hey Baz,

Just to be clear, QuikFixv0.4.exe is the "particular exe file which you can't install" right? When you get the error that it "uses a program common to {itself} and spywareblaster", does the error say what that other program is?

I'm wondering if we're talking a shared module (required file?) of some sort, (perhaps flagged in the registry somehow as related to SpywareBlaster), and if so of course what file it is... Something in this may sound familar to Javacool. :doubt:

6. Baz

Baz Registered Member

First of all, thanks Pieter, it worked in safemode.

Mark: It was someone in another forum that said they shared a common program. When I tried to install QF.exe I got an "unexpected error" message, and that was all.

Could one of you please explain, in simple terms, why it worked in safemode. Still learning.

Thank you both for your time.

Baz

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, safe mode is almost always the best way to get past any install conflicts because very little is started when you boot in safe mode. None of the optional software applications and most of the more complex Windows features do not start when you boot this way.

Those applications (not being started) might have been locking things that were used or needed by the other application's installation package, so safe mode is an easy way to prevent that from happening (by not having them start or running during the installation).

8. Baz

Baz Registered Member

[NT] Thank you Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.