spywareblaster wont start

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by draboo, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draboo

draboo Registered Member

i installed spywareblaster on two computers in our home. on one it works great.

on the second,it wont open. i hit crtl/alt/del and its shows as program not responding.

any ideas?

thanks,eh?

brad

edit: its version 2.6

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you give us the specs on the computer where it doesn't start, including processor power, memory, Windows version... If it's an older or slower system, how long did you wait before checking it in task manager? Did it install okay? Any errors?

3. draboo

draboo Registered Member

wow,that was a fast response. thanks,LWMark.

its a p2 400 mz. 320 mb pc 100 ram, 5 and 39 gig hd s .

win 98 se.

i m gonna try again and just let it sit for a few minutes before doing the task manager thing.

intstallation seemed fine. did a update. no errors.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, my suggestion is kind of a long shot, but, when SpywareBlaster starts, it goes 100% CPU until it has scanned the current status of all the items it protects against. It can take a considerable amount of time (well, at least in computer terms). On a PentiumPro 200 Mhz running Windows 95, it takes 34 seconds of CPU time to open. Some people have noted times that were rather longer than that on some slow PCs, as well.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Quite true - but in the next version of SpywareBlaster (due out VERY soon), the speed will be increased dramatically. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. Gaz

Gaz Registered Member

I run a 2800+ and it loads in about 4 seconds, which is quick, but on my 2000+ it can take 10secs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.