SpywareBlaster v4 and ICS

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by happy37, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy37

happy37 Registered Member

Hi all

I have just recently uninstalled version 3.51 and have installed version 4.

However, I have updated my 1st PC that is actually connected to the Internet via a USB modem and the updates show a date of 18/03/2008.

The problem is this:-

I am using version 4 on my 2nd PC using ICS on my home network. The program does not update as per before...version 3.51 just used to update without any problems.

In version 4, there are new options to tick and use - which do I tick to use?

Direct connection or system connection or proxy or alternative methodo_O

Also, how would I need to configure my firewall or SpywareBlaster v4 to use with ICS?

Can this work? please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

happy37

2. happy37

Anyone please help or advise?

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

It probably has to do with the Internet connection settings in SpywareBlaster under Update\options on the PC experiencing the problem. By default they are set to "Use direct connection...." It has been several years since I have used ICS. Try selecting "Use the system connection/proxy settings".

4. happy37

ThunderZ

Just popping back quickly to say that this updating problem is now fixed:-

Here's what happened:-

The updates problems that I was having are nothing to do with the program itself.

I asked my IT colleagues at work to test the 2 network patch cables that I use for my home network last week.

1 cable was good and the other 1 was not...hence I think that was what is or was causing this problem all along!!!...I have now installed a new network patch cable and now all is well!!!

The updates work fine on both PCs - One PC is set to a direct connection whilst the other uses the system connection/proxy settings.

Thanks once again for your suggestions and help, it's much appreciated.

Regards

happy37

5. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Thank you for taking the time to stop back in and letting us know. Glad the problem is solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.