SpywareBlaster v. 2.6.1 Definitions Update

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pattievans, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pattievans

pattievans Registered Member

After checking for definitions updates, downloading them, and getting the "Update Downloaded Successfully" window, my Database Info Date still reads 9/9/03. o_O

What do I need to do to stay current on the updates?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

What you described, running the built-in updater to download the latest defs, is exactly what you need to do to stay current. I saw there was an update available just a little while ago myself, and it came down fine leaving me with what's shown in the image below.

Perhaps there is a configuration problem with SpywareBlaster on your system - a bad installation where the updates are going to the wrong location on your system. Perhaps you should deinstall SpywareBlaster, reboot, and install it fresh to the default location, and then see if it will download today's update successfully after doing that.

Attached Files:

3. sig

sig Registered Member

This may not at all apply to your case, but I had problems getting downloaded updates for SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard to "stick" and found that it apparently was due to my ad/popup blocker, Proxomitron. It acts as a proxy for IE and filters web traffic. Once I disabled it the updates "took" just fine.

While this may not be helpful in your specific case it may be helpful info for those who use local proxies like Proxo to filter web traffic. Anyone who has those problems with a local proxy just needs to either temporarily disable it or add the updates' download source to the bypass filter list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.