spywareblaster useless with Firefox?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by magoood, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

I am using firefox and i think i'll never go back to IE engine so is it time uninstall spywareblaster seeing that it's useless 4 me now ?

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Spywareblaster has protection for IE as well.

3. boonie

boonie Registered Member

SWB installs a list of ad and tracking cookies to block in FF. In SWB you can see them in the Mozilla/Firefox tab. In FF, you can find the list here: Tools>Options>Privacy>Exceptions. So, unless you've unchecked "Accept cookies from sites", it can be useful.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

There are a few things to keep in mind, even if you don't use Internet Explorer for web browsing at all:

• There are many other programs (even some that you wouldn't expect) that use the Internet Explorer engine to render web pages, emails, and other content.
    • There are also many programs that use Internet Explorer to open web pages, regardless of your default browser choice.
    In both of these cases, SpywareBlaster's Internet Explorer and Restricted Sites protection can continue to help secure your computer.

In addition, SpywareBlaster offers protection for Mozilla Firefox.

And, of course, it's free and doesn't use any cpu or memory constantly in the background.

So I certainly don't see it being useless for you. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. ThunderZ

ooops....mis-read the OP. :doubt: I use FF exclusively and am still a faithful user of Spywareblaster. Thank You JavaCool. :thumb:

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

In addition to Javacool's excellent points, let me add one.

Don't forget that IE is very tightly integrated into the Win OS these days (which is why for all practical purposes there's no way to uninstall IE). So any "hole" in IE is potentially a threat to the whole OS even if you're not aware IE's being used.

I too am totally hooked on Firefox. But I make darned sure that I've got good protection on IE as well, both critical updates and third-party stuff like Spyware Blaster.

7. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

A good reason to not allow IE internet access ??

It sure can't hurt to continue using spywareblaster though, as it uses no resources, and updates a tracking cookie block list for Firefox.

8. ThunderZ

That would sure help. I have IE set to "ask" for internet access at my FWs`. Also with this setting you will fail very few, if any leak tests as most exploit IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.