SpywareBlaster updates altho firewall is running?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Mart1n, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mart1n

Mart1n Guest

hello all,

I have just ditched my fav. firewall kerio 2.1.5 and I am testing looknstop.

what I noticed a few minutes ago was, the firewall was running, application and internet filtering enabled, advanced ruleset loaded.

then I tried to update spywareblaster and the firewall did NOT jump into action to prevent this outgoing connection. can someone please shed some light on this coz it leaves me a bit confused - thanks :)

ps. spywareblaster is not in any rules or allowed programs that have the right to connect to the internet according to the application filtering page

Martin

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Can you confirm Application filtering still functional? Try removing an application from the list and use it to make connection and trigger Look ā€˜nā€™ Stop Application Filtering

3. mart1n

mart1n Guest

yes, you are right. application filtering is not working altho it's enabled/checked. I removed FireFox and it let it start without a noise ...

is this a bug ?

thanks for your fast reply tho :)

Martin

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.