spywareblaster/spywareguard not stopping doubleclick.net ? HELP!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by newbie-needs-help, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

When visiting www.ntlworld.com

A security popup appears as below:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Security Warning
    The current web page is trying to open a site on the internet.
    current site: ad.doubleclick.net
    internet site: 127.0.0.1

Yes No
    Security center yellowshield, with a exclaimation in the middle.
    Warning allowing this can expose your computer to security risks. If you don't trust the current web page choose no.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

This popup warning seems to be spawned by Internet explorer itself, although to be honest im not sure which app is opening this popup.

When i click NO, the first popup disappears and is replaced with another security warning:

Security Warning

The current web page is trying to open a site on the internet.

Current site: ad.doubleclick.net
    Internet site: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll

YES NO
    Security center yellowshield with a exclaimation in the middle.
    Warning allowing this can expose your computer to security risks. If you don't trust the current web page choose no.

I click no and the popup goes away.

I have both spywareblaster 3.4 plus latest updates & spywareguard.

The popups comeup again, when i navigate to another page on this website.

Doesn't either spywareblaster or spywareguard deal with doubleclick.net ?

All protection is enabled and nothing is unchecked!!!

Or are my versions faulty, so are not dealing with this silently?

Or is this the way either app deals with this kind of thing?

Please help!!!!!

I have the latest spybotSD with latest updates and lavasoft adaware latest updates and bazooka scanner + MSAS(on-demand only) and all scans come up clean.

I've even tried turning on teatimer feature in spybot SD but still get the popups reported above.

I never use to get these popup messages when visiting this site before and this is the only site at which this security warning popup occurs.

Thanks for any help,
    regards,
    newbie-needs-help

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

We can eliminate SpywareGuard....cookies is not something it was designed for. As far as Spywareblaster is concerned....Doubleclick.net is one of 4 Doubleclick cookies contained in it's database that it deals with. Of the 5 programs you named....I know that Adaware, Spybot, Spywareblaster and SpywareGuard does not use anything resembling a "Security center yellowshield". As far as MSAS is concerned....it does not deal in cookies in the Beta version.

Once you click No....do you see what is used to signify a blocked cookie....like the pic below o_O

If so....if you double click(no pun intended) that blocked cookie icon....do you not see Doubleclick.net blocked like the pic below :doubt:

Have you doublechecked your Add\Remove Programs to make sure you do not see an unknown software application installed ?

Do you use a security center like maybe the new ZoneAlarm ?

Can you possibly provide a screen shot of the pop-up message ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  3. Thanks for the quick reply bubba.

I see the cookie icon but don't see doubleclick.net in the restricted sites!!!
    When i select all sites its there but does not have blocked or restricted by it
    :(

I've looked through add/remove programs and the only one i do not immediately recognise or remember is:

SMSC IrCC V5.1.3600.3 SP1 Size 0.13MB last used 23/08/2004

Don't know what this is? It could of possibly been there before just didn't notice it.

I have zapro 5.5.094.000 installed and use the privacy features. But the way this blocks cookies etc is shown by privacy advisor popup which is nothing like the popup im getting.

To be honest i installed the new zapro 6.0 (clean install) with its new features and thats when i noticed this problem!!! So i thought it was that zapro 6.0 that was the cause and reinstalled zapro 5.5.094.000

I can't seem to get the popup now but i know doubleclick cookie is not being blocked!!! I'll try to get a screen shot of the popup though.

Thanks
    newbie-needs-help

PS do i need to register to post a screenshot?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It should say Blocked or Allow....not Restricted :doubt:

That's probably associated with your SMSC Infrared Communications Controller(IrCC)

If you Enable All Protection in Spywareblaster....do you not then see doubleclick.net as saying Blocked ?

Since you are using MSAS I'll assume your OS is XP ?

Check to see if doubleclick.net says Blocked.

Windows XP SP2 users

1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Go to the Tools Menu.
    3. Select the Internet Options Menu.
    4. Select the “Privacy” tab. (see below)
    5. Click the “Sites” button
    ==============================================
    Yes :cool:

5. Spywareblaster protection is fully enabled(everything is checked). Yes doubleclick.net is set to always block in privacy settings in IE.

Its also in restricted zones as blocked too!!!

Well, i cannot replicate yesterday's circumstances that led too the warning popup.

So i re-installed spywareblaster, and disabled the privacy settings in zapro. Revisted the site giving me problems.

Low and behold the cookie icon appeared and in it doubleclick.net cookie was blocked!!! :)

So no more popups :) and cookies are being blocked too :)

Thanks for your help.
    newbie-needs-help ;)

PS if it ever get the security warning popup happens again i will be sure to get a screenshot ;)

6. <ahem>
    PS should read:
    If I ever get the popup security warning again, then i will be sure to make a screenshot. :)

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

<ahem>....after you have registered of course :cool:

In any case....glad you figured it out and keep us informed if it happens again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.