Spywareblaster settings

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by zipzap, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zipzap

zipzap Registered Member

Am a kind of a novice. So please help me on the basic secure settings in order to avoid deleting programs I need. For instance, kazza Lite. I've had bad experience with Adware 6.0. It made me delete an Alexia that was somehow related to my IE browser. Don't want this to happen again. Thanks.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi zipzap,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

SpywareBlaster does not delete anything. It blocks spyware and tracking cookies from getting on your system.
    The best setting is to "Select All" and then choose "Protect against checked items."
    It will not interfere with KaZaa Lite, because that does not contain spyware.
    Removing an Alexa key, whether you do that with AdAware, Spybot or manually will do no harm whatsoever to your system, so could you explain that remark?

Regards,

Pieter

3. zipzap

zipzap Registered Member

I feel much safer now. Thanks. Well concerning this Alexia; I read somewhere that it was related to the IE. The fact is that when I deleted it I was imediatly unable to open any web page. Like I told you I'm a novice. So, I can´t give you precise explanations. Do you think the program should be on the startup menu? Is there any other program you may suggest me to work along with it?

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi zipzap,

SpywareBlaster does not have to run to protect you, so there is no need to put it in startup.
    Just remember to check for updates every few days.
    SpywareGuard is a perfect match for SpywareBlaster.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.