Spywareblaster protects firefox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by chaos16, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

How come spywareblaster only protects firefox with cookieso_O

aren't there already spyware that comes through firefoxo_O

and how come there hasen't been any new spyware or cookies to protects through firefoxo_O

2. dog

dog Guest

because FF doesn't support ActiveX
    Well extensions (xpi files) provide a similar functionality to ActiveX ... it could be an attach avenue. FF does provide a control (whitelist) to prevent exploitation, but a user could load something infected if they chose, but if you stick to using extensions from the Mozilla site, they should for the most part be alright, as the community would be a buzz if it were not. :cool:
    The cookie management in FF is excellent ... set it to alway ask ... if you don't need the cookie to properly navigate a site, set it to block always. And alway only ever accept cookies from the originating site.

So really there isn't a great need to add much to SB's FF protection, but rest assured if there is a need, it will be updated accordingly.

*puppy*

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i have only some site set to have cookies and the rest of the time i have it set to never get cookies except from the sites i know which are gamefaqs and gamespot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.