SpywareBlaster Processes Name (task-manager)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by radunn, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radunn

radunn Registered Member

Is SpywareBlaster listed in Task Manager's Processes? If so, what is its name?

Also, I have been unable to open javascript popup links. Does Spywareblaster have anything to do with this. I'm using default Medium Security settings (IE6xxx). Thanks for your support.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Howdy!

You won't find SpywareBlaster in the task manager because it does not run in the background as a process in order to offer its protection.

The javascript popup links... I'm not sure about, but I don't really think it's SpywareBlaster.. more likely something else; but I'll let someone else tell us what they think about that.

3. radunn

radunn Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. In other words, as long as Spywareblaster's installed and "protect against checked items" is active, it's working? Again thanks.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, that is correct. :)

Also, SpywareBlaster effects only ActiveX controls (it's primary protection) and cookies (just in IE6). There is no effect on javascript.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.