SpywareBlaster problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Husker, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While it would cost you a few extra steps....perhaps you could consider keeping Spywareblaster enabled and if \when Panda burps on False positives....which they most suredly will....You\We can again report new False positive findings to Panda :doubt:

2. plun

plun Registered Member

Hi Bubba

It´s the same deactivated entrys:
    BFast, Commission Junction, Commission Junction(4), FastClick, FastClick(2), Link Synergy.

A problem is the log report you mentioned before, does it exist ?

And Pandas support for Scandinavia do not answer, "dead end".

It must be better if Javacool software and Panda Software talks friendly with each other about this challenge. :cool:

Every Panda user seems to get nothing or only stupid support help for any
    requests about this.

regards
    plun

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I can only reiterate what Javacool has pointed out on many occasions that it's without question better if the end-user makes the contact. If the valid info shared by a user is not handled properly within a reasonable amount of time or falls on deaf ears....then users need to speak in terms that Panda might understand and that's make their userbase dwindle dramatically. Requiring programmers like Javacool to waste their time reporting to Panda on very simple False positives like flagging a Domain entry is definetly not the route I wish for. It is not a matter of the 2 parties coming together....it's a simple matter of folks like Panda recognizing their mistake and not fluff their user base off by making irresponsible suggestions like "You will need to disable SpywareBlaster" :doubt:

4. plun

plun Registered Member

Well, it might be so but it can also be something "smart" from Panda about how their Adblock is working. Not only false/positive removals.
    If so it´s maybe better that Javacool and Panda smoking a "piece pipe"
    and discuss this between them.

Everyone within this "business" tries to not block each other.

Nevertheless a small problem now but maybe a large one soon o_O

regards
    plun

5. J at A

J at A Guest

It is interesting to collect a few quotes from Panda as quoted sofar in this thread:

In reply # 18 :

In reply # 20 :

In reply # 23

Those replies from Panda does not give me the idea that Panda knows what it is talking about.....

And that last reply raises even more questions......
    Eh, SpywareBlaster interfering/blocking the Panda ActiveX o_O

The problem I have seen, was on a system running Panda Titanium 2005.
    Panda disables protection of 6 items in SpywareBlaster.
    What kind of items? Items that protect against ad/tracking cookies !

6. Husker

Husker Registered Member

Good news.

It seems to be working for me right now and I didn't have to disable SpywareBlaster. I stopped the scan to double check and rescanned but I'm unable to since it's trying to check my Internet connection. Not sure if it has to do with Panda's service or my Internet.

7. J at A

J at A Guest

Yep, I can confirm that it is OK now.

I did a full system scan with Panda Titanium 2005 on this system: nothing found and all items in SpywareBlaster are OK.

Thanks Panda for fixing it; much appreciated !!!

Regards, Jan (FanJ, not at home at the moment).

8. GRiT

GRiT Registered Member

Everyone it's not just Panda that has this problem Mcafee Anti-Spyware does as well, it finds five entries that when deleted, removes five entries from the Restricted Sites protection of Spyware Blaster:
    The following ends up disabled:

XXXtoolbar - xxxtoolbar.com
    OffshoreClicks - offshoreclicks.com
    CoolWebSearch (982) - teensguru.com
    CoolWebSearch (484) - i-lookup.com
    Blazefind (2) flingstone.com

This problem needs to be addressed and if Mcafee and Panda are having this problem, then probably others are as well, hopefully Mcafee will be made aware of this problem.

Addition to this post:
    Contacted Mcafee and they refused to help, heres there reply:

Kris Stanley: Gary, thank you for contacting McAfee Online Support Center. How can I assist you with your McAfee software today?
    Gary: Hi i have a problem with Mcafee Antispyware, it finds false positives in JavaCool's Spyware Blaster 3.4.
    Kris Stanley: Gary, if I understand correctly, you have an issue with McAfee AntiSpyware detecting the valid files as a infected files. Is this correct?
    Gary: Yes
    Kris Stanley: Gary, I would be happy to help you in resolving your issue.
    Kris Stanley: Have you previously contacted McAfee support regarding this issue?
    Gary: No
    Kris Stanley: Gary, please right click on the red "M" icon on the bottom right corner by the clock of your desktop and click on AntiSpyware>>About. Please tell me the DAT version and build of your AntiSpyware .
    Gary: Version 2.0.0.167 Engine 5000.316 Dat 17/10/2005 (4606).
    Kris Stanley: Gary, have you got any pop up message to trust this file?
    Gary: No, i can give you the list of items that end up disabled in Spyware Blaster 3.4 though.
    Kris Stanley: Gary, two antisyware program on a single computer always creates a conflict.
    Gary: Not always, i have used XoftSpy, Adaware, Spybot, BT Yahoo Antispy, Spyware Blaster, together with no prblems what so ever!
    Your agent is experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by while we re-establish contact or find a new agent...
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
    Please wait while we find an agent from the n-eEnglish department to assist you.
    You have been connected to Derik Yancy.
    Derik Yancy: We are currently experiencing technical challenges with our system. I apologize if it affects our session.
    Gary: Ok can you read the previous?
    Derik Yancy: I apologize about getting disconnected from the previous technician. Please give me a moment to review the details discussed with Kris Stanley
    Derik Yancy: Thank you for holding.
    Derik Yancy: Gary, if I understand correctly, you have an issue that McAfee Antispyware is finding Dalse/Positive for a file that is known to you. Is this correct?
    Gary: Do you want the list of items that end up disabled in Spyware Blaster 3.4, (also did you know that untill recently Panda also had this problem with there software).
    Gary: Yes
    Derik Yancy: Let me know the name of the file for which Antispyware showing false/positive.
    Gary: XXXtoolbar - xxxtoolbar.com, OffshoreClicks - offshoreclicks.com, CoolWebSearch (982) - teensguru.com, CoolWebSearch (484) - i-lookup.com, Blazefind (2) flingstone.com.
    Gary: This is the list from Spyware Blasters Restricted Sites list.
    Gary: I have heard that Panda recently also had this problem but they have now fixed it, from the forums.
    Derik Yancy: Gary Briggs, Kris Stanley is available now. I am transferring this chat to him.
    Kris Stanley has entered the session.
    Kris Stanley: I apologize about getting disconnected .
    Gary: ok
    Derik Yancy has left the session.
    Kris Stanley: Gary, I suggest you to please keep only one AntiSpyware program on your computer.
    Gary: I thought that would be your reply. It seems that other people's software either does not do this or they fix the problem though.
    Gary: I contacted you more to let you know that there was a problem then to get a solution myself though.
    Kris Stanley: Gary, there is no issue with McAfee AntiSpyware. I suggest you to please also run it in a safe mode. Please disable other Antispyware program while running McAfee AntiSpyware.

So it looks like Mcafee unlike Panda won't be addressing this issue.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.