SpywareBlaster per-user/system protection option

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Synetech, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Synetech

Synetech Registered Member

A quick search found no hits for this, so I’m starting a thread to request that SpywareBlaster allow users to select what account(s) to apply the protection to, the same way that SpyBot does.

When you use SpyBot’s immunization function (which is mostly the same thing as SpywareBlaster’s protection), it lets you select which user(s) to apply it to, including the system as a whole as seen below.

I prefer to leave individual users alone and only inoculate the system. That way, the thousands and thousands of entries are only applied once to the system and affect all users. This has several benefits:
    1. All users (and meta-users like admin, default, etc.) affected by policy from one location
    2. Size of registry hive doesn’t bloat by duplicating data for each user
    3. Searching registry is much faster since the 1000’s of entries only occur once
    Some people might need more fine-grained control, thus SpyBot lets you select what you want, but most people will probably do well with settings like I use below.

It would be great if SpywareBlaster had a similar functionality to avoid duplicating the protections if not needed.

http://i.imgur.com/XAEx9wp.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.