SPYWAREBLASTER / OVERTURE / FINDWHAT

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sekzman, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sekzman

sekzman Registered Member

I am using Spywareblaster and have a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with as I am not a "techy".

In order for me to sign into BOTH Overture.com and Findwhat.com pay per click accounts, I have to disable Spywareblaster and do not want to do this. I prefer to keep Spywareblaster enabled at all times.

Does anyone know how I can keep Spywareblaster enabled at all times and still sign into both Overture and Findwhat accounts?

Thank you very much........sekzman

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi sekzman. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Just open your SpywareBlaster interface, click on the Internet Explorer option, scroll down to the cookie listings and uncheck those 2 entries. They are both listed there.

snowbound

3. sekzman

Hi Snowbound:

Thx for the speedy reply.........

I followed your instructions and made sure that both Overture and Findwhat are NOT checked and then enabled Spywareblaster and I continue to have the same problem.........Message comes up that says ActiveX controls need to be activated.

Any other suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Sekzman :cool:

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Can u verify that indeed those 2 entries are still unchecked after reanabling protection in SpywareBlaster?

snowbound

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  5. sekzman

Hello Snowbound,

I verified that both Overture and Findwhat are unchecked. Overture works but Findwhat does not. For Findwhat a message pops up about Active X controls.

Any more suggestions?

Sekzman

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If I lower my IE Internet Zone settings to medium....I do not get that ActiveX control alert. If I enable Spywareblasters Flash Killer....I then get the ActiveX control alert.

Be advised....if you are not aware....Findwhat.com is listed in numerous Restricted Site databases....IE-Spyad, Spybot, Spywareblaster....etc.

Are you using Spywareblasters Flash Killer....or it's Restricted sites protection ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.