SpywareBlaster not updating coolwebsearch (233) and allowing clicktilluwin & coolwww

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by deadhead, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadhead

deadhead Registered Member

I have just installed ver 3.1. When I bring it up to check for updates, I notice that coolwebsearch (233) is never protected and I must enable all or manual protect it. Also when I run another spyware program, it picks up
    Adware clicktilluwin and coolwww. Are others having a similiar problem and how I can it be fixed? Thanks for any support.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster not updating coolwebsearch (233) and allowing clicktilluwin & cool

u know that spyware blaster doesnt remove these items correct?

spyware blaster only protects against activex/cookies/blocking problem sites

..::Just my 2 cents::..

:D

3. deadhead

deadhead Registered Member

Thanks, MCT

I'm aware that it doesn't remove spyware. The problem is that I ran Spy Sweeper prior to invoking SpyBlaster and these clicktilluwin and coolwww adware were not present. Once I invoke SpyBlaster and then run Spy Sweeper they are present. It appears "on the surface" that SpyBlaster creates these 2 adwares.

4. MCT

MCT Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster not updating coolwebsearch (233) and allowing clicktilluwin & cool

spyware blaster DOESNT create any spyware, it prevents it, by blocking the CLID's, spyware blaster is one of my favourite programs :D its free and protects u..

i dont use spysweeper, so i cant speculate on that, but i use adaware & Spybot

try them maybe?

good luck,

ps. spyware blaster is safe, thats why so many ppl use it :p

5. TheShooter

TheShooter Registered Member

Just my guess as to what is happening - It sounds like SpySweeper is detecting the registry key's for the security zone or the CLSID's and not checking the values. So it goes ahead and deletes the keys, disabling the protection.

If that's the case, get better spyware programs like AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy which are both good, and totally free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.