SpywareBlaster - Multiple users in win2k - xp???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by SternFan, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SternFan

SternFan Registered Member

Hello all,

Something I noticed and was wondering if there was a solution out there somewhere.

If you set up a win2k or XP pro PC with spyware blaster and do an update for an Administrator account, then logon with another user account on the PC, the update has been download but you will see a "1,256 have protection disabled." I made up the number etc.

Is there a way to do an update on one account and have it take effect system-wide? I find it hard to believe that every single account on a PC has to have protection enabled one-by-one...

Thanks for any and all help,
    Rob

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Discovered exactly the same thing myself only yesterday. Logged on as the wife to set something up for her and found tons of disabled items in SWB. I'd like to know also....
    Buck.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The protection that you see disabled should reference SpywareBlasters Restricted Sites protection ?

The Internet Explorer ActiveX protection is implimented globally(Local_Machine registry branch)....whereas the Restricted Sites and Cookie protection has to be implimented by each user....since it places the protection for the signed on user(Current_User registry branch).

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Thanks Bubba.

5. Is there any plans for spywareblaster to write to

My computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\

instead of

My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\

??

IEspyad2 now provides a alternative that protects all users, perhaps spywareblaster could follow suit?

In addition, I seem to be inflicted with the problem described by several users here

http://www.mistered.us/wwwboard/messages/7563.shtml

So I dont benefit from the current spywareblaster protection with regards to restricted zone. IEspyad2 does though.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As noted by Eric Howe....the programmer of IE-Spyad....there are Side Effects to using IE-Spyad2.

IE-Spyad Restricted Sites list
    Given the choice....my hope is that the SpywareBlaster programmer does not choose to switch to the Local_Machine reg key. IMO....the end user and those attempting to assist users with problems will be better served if Restricted Site entries are added to the Current_User key only....whether we are speaking of SpywareBlaster, Spybot Immunize, IE-Spyad....etc.

If you don't mind....Please start a separate thread so you can be better served with your problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.