Spywareblaster installation problem-if choose to ignore

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bp11, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bp11

bp11 Registered Member

Need advise pls. Thanks.

Have trouble installing spywareblaster. From the troubleshooting tips, the advise was to :

"(1) When trying to install SpywareBlaster, the following error is displayed: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is denied. "
    This error means the file is in use by another program.
    First, try rebooting your machine, and then (before you run any programs) try installing SpywareBlaster again.
    If that does not work, try closing down all open programs or rebooting into Safe Mode, and you should be able to successfully install SpywareBlaster."

Question;
    As I'm not technically savvy and prefer not to install in safe mode (due to tending to screw things up), may I know what is the deficiency of spyware blaster if I just press the ignore button? It seems that I still can download it and it seems to be working (in the sense that I can choose to enable protection). This will help me decide to whether risk installing it in safe mode or just get another antispyware program. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.