SpyWareBlaster Inquiry

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mismis29, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mismis29

mismis29 Registered Member

I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum, I'm new :doubt:

I have just installed SpyWareBlaster and I think it's great.

My computer was infected with a browser hijacker called 'HomeSearchAssistant' but I managed to get rid of it. My question is whether SpyWareBlaster protects against this type hijacker. I couldn't find anything that may be related to this hijacker in the blocked lists.

This hijacker may be relatively new, so I'm not sure if there are any tools that are updated to prevent this browser hijacker. I just don't want this "thing" on my computer again. It was very difficult to get rid of. Would you have any suggestions?

Thanx so much for your time :)

Melissa

2. trerere76

trerere76 Guest

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hello mismis29, welcome to forums. :)

I cannot vouch for SWB's entry in database [I just search the entire database and could not find anything name specific 'HomeSearchAssistant']. However, this does not mean it's not listed as may be known by something else which could block several entries under the one generic name.

I only just downloaded a new database today [32 new entries] and same, no specific name as 'HomeSearchAssistant'.

JC or someone else may know.

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.