SpywareBlaster - File damaged!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Morph (DK), May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph (DK)

Morph (DK) Registered Member

Hi,

Suddenly I am experiencing problems with my SpywareBlaster 3.1 and I think
    its because of a virus (maybe the sasserworm).

I have 2 problems:

1) I cant activate my SpywareBlaster, beacuse I get this message:
    "Error - This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it"
    I have tried to un-install it and re-install it several times but nothing works!!!

2) Suddenly I cant use my LiveUpdate for my SpywareGuard!

I never use to have these problems untill recently when I had a HiJack attempt.

I am using WIN XP Professionel along with Norton Antivirus, ZoneAlarm, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster and SpywareGUard.

Plz advice.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, this is a fairly common problem recently and it effects people that have had certain spyware infections related to CoolWebSearch. Javacool is looking for a way to fix this within his program, but that is still under development. This thread explains more about it overall:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

3. Morph (DK)

Morph (DK) Registered Member

Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I can now see that I am not the only one with this problem, so I will follow this discussion closely.

By the way.....A BIG THANKS TO THE PEOPLE OF JAVACOOL FOR YOUR BRILLIANT PROGRAMS :D

4. Lpr_Brazil

Lpr_Brazil Guest

Re: SpywareBlaster - Super Solution

That same problem occurs with ant virus program as SpywareDoctor and others. This is a small "system" which none of the most famous anti virus can caught up, but the real solution is in a little change in the Registry Entry made by this little program.
    Download in this link <Removed for review>. make a backup of your registry, then run it.

Link removed for review-Ron

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
  5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Lpr_Brazil

Wilders recommends using one of the sites listed here for help in cleaning up your computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.