SpywareBlaster defs numbers different

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TeMerc, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeMerc

TeMerc Registered Member

On my site, I always post when there are new SB updates. And with the updates, I include how many 'new' items, which I see when I upload the newer defs, as 'unprotected' in SB. One of my other members seems to alaways have a slightly different number. Is there any particular reason for this? Some sort of protection overlap possibly?

Also, is there any chance of adding a thread to the forum for updates? If this was done, users could 'subscribe' to that topic, and then be automatically alerted eveytime an update is posted.

It is done over at Lavasoft, and Net-Intergration for Adaware and Spybot. I think this would give your users a great way to stay current. It would also give me an alert, so I can post it over at Calendar of Updates where I am now part of the site admin team.

Thanks in advance, your app is great, and I recommend it often.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm not sure what you mean by "protection overlap"....but if you are meaning for instance....a user has SpywareBlasters Restricted Sites feature selected and they also use someone else's Restricted Sites database ?

That is just one of the number of ways the 'unprotected' numbers can differ and they also can differ according to if user A uses Restricted Sites and user B doesn't....User A uses cookie protection User B doesn't....Mozilla protection\Not Mozilla protection....etc.

As for...."adding a thread to the forum for updates"....I'll let Javacool address that fine suggestion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.