SpywareBlaster database question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tokar, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

Im trying to find an entry in the spywareblaster database by viewing the .dtb files with notepad.
    The problem is that all the entries arent entered as plaintext. They are entered in what looks to be hex (minus the 0x prefix for each set). But I have tried converting a snippet of the database into ASCII, and it didnt exactly yield proper results.

Does anyone know how to read the database files properly?

Im trying to find a specific entry which I want to disable in SpywareBlaster. Its an ActiveX entry; and finding a specific entry in the actual program itself is like finding a needle in a haystack since the names and the values are not alphabetized.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Locating an Item on the Block List

If you right click an entry and select Find....input the CLSID or name....it then takes only seconds to find said entry.

Attached Files:

3. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

ok let me give that a try

edit:

i never even thought that you could right click entries. Im so used to programs that will highlight an entry when you hover your mouse over them. Those programs usually dont allow right clicking.

edit2:

ok i fixed it. i was able to find the entry(s) that were not allowing my toolbar to work.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your 2 CLSID's do indeed not show up....but if I am not mistaken the mains ones are listed.

Alexa-6AF9BC61-3CC5-42A7-82D1-FFC2562A7289
    Alexa-(2)-D1F6ABEF-B889-11D2-8E3C-DCCA155F9A71

Instead of doing a Find for CLSID....do a search for the word Alexa.
    You are most Welcome....and Welcome to Wilders :cool:

Edit:
    You are quick....or I am a slow typer. In any case....glad it works for ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.