SpywareBlaster Data Base ITEMS SELECTED/NOT SELECTED

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jayro, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayro

jayro Registered Member

When I launch SpywareBlaster I show the Data Base info with all the selected (checked) items. In the lower part of this list, after scrolling down, there are all these "red" items that are not selected. I click on SELECT ALL and select Protect Against Selected Items. A "SUCCESS" message is given thereafter. When checking the SpywareBlaster Data Base again, it's as it was before. Specifically, these "red" items listed are not selected.

My questions are this:

1. What are these items and why are they displayed differently than the rest of the Data Base entries.

2. When I "select all" and click "protect", should these items remain checked to indicate that SpywareBlaster is including these as Protected Items.

Any info to enlighten me about what is going on here will be most welcome. I am finding the use of the proggie in this regard somewhat confusing.

Thank you!!! :)

jayro

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'd be glad to clear up the issue.

It sounds like you have either Windows 95, a version of Internet Explorer below 6.0, or both. In that case, the items that are remaining red are "cookie" items that SpywareBlaster can normally protect your computer against. But if you have Windows 95, this feature is not compatible with your system.

To simply prevent those items from being displayed (assuming that they are indeed items with "Cookie" next to them), you can simply open the "Settings" area of the program and check the box marked "Do not show spyware/tracking cookies on the protection list". Then you won't have to worry about them, and you'll still get SpywareBlaster's protection against ActiveX-based spyware!

If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns please don't hesitate to respond.

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. If an item is checked and black then protection is enabled for that item. Red/unchecked items do not have protection enabled.

Attached Files:

3. jayro

jayro Registered Member

Bullseye! javacool......Win95 "ergo" IE 5.5 SP2

That cleared everything up poy-fuct-lee!!! Nyuk Nyuk ;-)

Will disable that in the settings as suggested. Thanks so much MAN!

jayro

4. esanten

esanten Registered Member

Related Question Re:SpywareBlaster Data Base ITEMS SELECTED/NOT SELECTED

Newbie here (who may have posted this already prematurely and inadvertently). I'm running XP Pro. In Spywareblaster, I checked the boxes for the items that were color coded red (e.g., Gator, Mysearch and about 20 more); now those items are listed in black with check marks, i.e., as protected. Two queries:

1) Am I in fact protected from these items now?

2) If so, how come they showed up in red at first; I assumed (without any basis for the assumption) that the program could not protect against the red ones.

Thx.
    Ed

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi esanten,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

1) Yes
    2) For whatever reason these items were not on the protection list the last time you clicked Protect against checked items. They could have been forgotten or have been added during updates.

The program does list items it can´t protect you from in red, that is correct, but I´ve never seen or heard this happen for anything else then cookies.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.