SpywareBlaster Conflict with CounterSpy

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Fosterka, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fosterka

Fosterka Registered Member

Whenever SpywareBlaster adds restricted sites to my Windows Hosts file, CounterSpy insists that I authorize each entry individually!?

This is a royal pain because there are so many and each authorization requires two clicks, one on the lower right of the screen and one in the middle.

Of course, I COULD disable the CounterSpy host file monitor but then I'd never know if some other program modified my Windows Hosts file besides SpywareBlaster.

So I need a fix. Any ideas?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I assume you mean the Restricted Sites Zone, instead of the Hosts file? (SpywareBlaster doesn't add anything to the Windows Hosts file.)

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do - that's how part of SpywareBlaster's protection works. You might want to contact Sunbelt (the makers of CounterSpy) and see if they have a recommended solution.

You could also probably try disabling that protection temporarily, enabling SpywareBlaster, and re-enabling CounterSpy. Hopefully it will then just "accept" the changes SpywareBlaster has made, and won't ask you for every single one.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.