Spywareblaster - Compatibility with legitimate toolbars like alexa,google n others

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by friendstalk, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friendstalk

friendstalk Registered Member

My best wishes and thanks to the writers of spywareblaster. It is really very good and very needed. I am sure people will support it by donating as much as possible. I have a feeling that all open projects for public will be the future.

I am really encouraged to have more free use of the web browser now and feel secure. Frankly some websites have become a source of trouble to visitors and spywareblaster will soon lead the market in helping all users.

My question concerns about the usage of tool bars that are quite useful and legitimate like alexa.com, google, msn and yahoo etc.

I have been using alexa.com toobar as i find it really a good tool but after installing spywareblaster I cant seem to use it.
    Can anyone help me resolve this?

On another note alexa.com seems to recommend a spyware killer but it is quite bad. I will write to alexa.com [well it is owned now by amazon] to include spywareblaster as their recommended tool.

I hope to get some instructions on how to have the tool bars on despite using spywareblaster.

Wishing all the best and thank you again for reading my message and my respect and best wishes to all good people hosting wilderssecurity.com and other public sites to help others.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If it's indeed SpywareBlaster causing Alexa toolbar not to work....perhaps you can try unchecking the protection for the Alexa related CLSID's in SpywareBlaster. As you may know you can right click the list of CLSID's and do a Find for name or CLSID.

Bubba

Attached Files:

3. friendstalk

Dear Bubba

Thanks for your input n suggestion. I did indeed try unchecking all ALEXA Ids but the toolbar wont show.
    It says something about proxy setting.
    I even tried changing IE security to Medium or lower medium and allow activex controls etc.
    I also uninstalled both software and install alexa but it dint work.

The benefit of alexa is that it does stop all popups.

I think we need to have an option to allow legitimate tool bars.
    I will try to install google or yahoo toolbar to see how it goes.

Best wishes

http://friendstalk.com

4. friendstalk

Dear Bubba

Thank you indeed for your suggestion. It did work.
    I had to uncheck 5 ALEXA related items, uninstall alexa software
    and then reinstall.

After reinstall it did work perfectly.

I hope other users can make use of this info.

Hey thanks again for being so kind. I repeat that spywareblaster is a great product.
    :-* friendstalk

http://friendstalk.com

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your more than Welcome and yes Javacool is to be commended for that wonderful product.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.