SpywareBlaster Command Line Paramaters?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by proskate44, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proskate44

proskate44 Registered Member

I am in the process of creating a batch file to run all my system utilities automatically (because I'm lazy like that). All the utilities so far take command line parameters, so it's been going smoothly. However, when I got to SpywareBlaster, I was unable to find anything about these parameters in its documentation or on the website. So my question is: does SpywareBlaster take command line parameters and, if so, where can I find a list of them?

Thanks for your help.
    -proskate44

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

SpywareBlaster Isn't one of those apps needing to be running in the background for active protection.

Or do you mean to install the software silently?

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

The obvious question is, what on earth do you need to run SB for? Once a week or so, naturally, to check for updates, and maybe rarely to change some settings, but otherwise you don't run it, certainly not daily.

Keep in mind you don't get SB's protection by running it, other than when you first install it -- that subject's been beaten half to death in all the forums here. It's not an active process or running application, so just "let 'er be" except for checking updates.

Best,
    Mike

4. proskate44

I know about the whole "let it be" part, it's the checking for updates and such that I'm interested in. I run all my anti-spyware, anti-virus, and general tune-up utilities once per week and I thought it would be easier to run them all with a batch file. Most programs seem to take command line parameters (i.e. to check for updates, scan, and exit), but I can't find any for SpywareBlaster.

Again, I know you don't have to run it to be protected, I was just wondering if there were command line parameters to check for updates, apply the updates, and to enable all protection. That way, I can run it as part of a batch file.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Ok, sorry for any misunderstanding. Personally I don't know of any such parameters -- that's a question that probably only Javacool (probably taking a break from us for the weekend) can answer properly.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There might not be any parameters for that since he offers a paid update program for SB. It is very reasonable.

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There might not be any parameters for that since he offers a paid update program for SB. It is very reasonable. info can be found here

8. proskate44

Yeah, I started to think that myself, but I just wanted to make sure.
    I'll wait and see what the people from Javacool have to say before I give up, though.
    Thanks for all the help!

9. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Yea having command-Line parameter support for use of SpywareBlaster Updating hands-free would defeat the purpose of having to purchasing an AutoUpdate subscription. ;)

10. proskate44

Ohh... that's true. Didn't think of that :doubt:
    Well, I guess that answers my question!

Now, it's either pay to be lazy or just get the updates myself...
    Actually this whole batch thing isn't working out too well (Norton WinDoctor also doesn't seem to take command line parameters).
    Guess I'll just scrap it and stop being so lazy for once.

Thanks again for your help!
    -proskate44

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey proskate44,

At least your wanting to update....some folks don't even get that far even tho it's only a few clicks away.

Also....as a few have mentioned....Autoupdating for SpywareBlaster is very reasonably priced.

12. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

You're my kinda guy proskate!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.